Changing a Board owner as a system admin

Hi All,

I'm a system admin and I need to change the owner for a board (previous Rapid Boards) since the current owner is on leave.

In the GreenHopper guide it says that the owner or an administrator

Changing a board's Owner
A board's owner is the only person who can change the configuration of a board. By default, the owner of a board is the person who created it. If you are the owner, or an administrator, you can change the owner of a board.

To change the owner of your board:

Access the board Configuration for your board (see above).
Click the 'pencil' icon (which will appear when you hover) to edit the owner of your board. Press the 'Enter' key when finished.

However this works only for boards I'm allowed to view as a user.

How can I change the owner for Boards that don't appear in my view since they were not shared with me or any other administrator?

Thanks a lot in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

As GreenHopper uses JIRA Filters (JQL) to create the issueset for each board, you may need to change the owner of the shared filter (underlying the board) to be visible to you as well. This is possible in one of the later versions of JIRA, starting with JIRA 5.0.

Hope that helps?

Cheers, David

Go to system administration (as system administrator, obviously) and enter "Filter" into to quick search box (on the administration side of things).

Also you could just use this URL: <JIRA-URL>/secure/admin/filters/ViewSharedFilters.jspa

Hi David,

thanks for your feedback. We are running Jira 5.1.3 so should not be a problem, but not sure how I get to see filters that are not shared with me in the first place?

I tried to search for it, but it doesn't appear in my list. Cannot see anything in the Administration section to see all existing filters and/or boards

Thanks

using the URL: <JIRA-URL>/secure/admin/filters/ViewSharedFilters.jspa  worked perfectly!  thanks!

Unbelievable that you need to do that.

Hello!

Could you please tell me whether it's possible to change board permissions if the board is already created? My colleagues can't see it...

Alexey, the permissions are based on the Saved Filter that the board uses. This can be updated at any time.

David Suh I'm New Here Mar 28, 2018

Hi, I tried this solution but it no longer works as there is no pencil when you hover over the board owner name in the board settings page. Is there a new way to solve changing the board owner now as an admin? Thanks.

Hi David,

I was seeing the same behaviour here until I followed David Toussaint's advice above; changing the owner of the filter automatically changed the owner of the board for me but I guess it might depend on your version.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Aug 06, 2018 in Agile

Boosting team's visibility with ScriptRunner like a boss

Just like almost every team here we are struggling with visibility both internal and external each day. I want to share a short story about how we have improved the internal part by a great deal and ...

336 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you