Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have different Software Projects in Jira commit to the same Repository in BitBucket?

Hayley Hinkle February 26, 2021

I have two Scrum teams working off the same backlog. I'm wondering if I split their backlog into two different projects in Jira, can they commit to the same repository in Bitbucket? I'm not sure how the build process works so I wouldn't want them to have two different backlogs if it gets messy with the build. 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

Hi @Hayley Hinkle,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The short answer is yes, you can have multiple Jira projects committing to the same repository. The link between Bitbucket and Jira is based on the issue key, not the project. 

Hayley Hinkle February 26, 2021

@Mikael Sandberg  Thanks for that. I'm afraid to ask what the long answer is...

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

The long answer is not that long... :) Just more detailed on how the integration works. Bitbucket links a commit and pull request to Jira based on the issue key. Just be aware that Bitbucket will not check if the key exist or not, as long as the key look like xxx-xxx Bitbucket thinks it is a Jira issue. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events