Assigning a task to a agile board column (greenhopper) via mail.

Robert Fretschner May 23, 2013

Hi @all,

i'm currently testing Jira as a company wide ressource planing tool. Since my people here are intensive Outlook users and we want to make our kanban project management easier i'd like to make the following process possible:
1. One agile board per project (already working)
2. One mail adress per column of the project specfic board (already working). If a person writes to this mail-account the task automatically is sorted in the proper board column.
3. Define the assignee in the mail.

I already created a mailhandler and sucessfully autmatically imported the mails as tasks in a specific project.

Is there a possibility to define the details described in item 2 above.
Thanks.

Kind regards,
Robert

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013

hi robert.

i think the built in mail handler is not offering this feature to assign the issue thats been created by mail to a specific person.

we use the JEMH plugin. it has an option called "Addressee Handlgin" where you can select a value like "firstCCisAssignee. so the email that is first in CC will be the assignee in jira (if the email address matches an existing account)

is this what you're aiming at?

Hi C :-)

thank you for your answer. It's only partly what i'm looking for but i'll try your solution as soon as possible. More important would be sending a message to specifici column in a greenhopper agile board. Do you know if this is possible?

Kind regards,

Robert

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013

i guess so. i remember seeing some customfield configuration in the admin area of JEMH.

i suggest you take a look at it by yourself reading/searching the documentation.

https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/JEMH+Home

Hi again,

Thanks again. I'm already on it. I just hoped for a quicker way (work smart not hard... you know :-))

Kind regards

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events