Agile Gadget Loses it's Burnup & Burndown Options

Dan Chuparkoff October 12, 2012

I have been using Jira & Greenhopper for seven 2-week Sprints now. I have the Agile Gadget on My Dashboard reporting against an Issues Filter displaying All Issues for my given Sprint (Determined by querying Fix Version). This week, I switched to Sprint8... and by switched, I mean:

1) I changed the dates on the Info tab of the Agile Gadget to the upcoming two weeks.

2) I created a new Issue Filter, by copying my Sprint 7 - Issues Filter and changing the FixVersion portion of the query to look at 8 instead of 7.

Now, my Agile Gadget no longer has the same tabs on it that it had other weeks. Burnup, Burndown, & Velocity are missing.

When I switch the Agile Gadget's FilterBased dropdown back to Sprint 7 - Issues the tabs reappear. But when I display the Sprint 8 - Issues, the Burnup, Burndown, & Velocity tabs and their associated charts are missing.

Please see attached screenshots.

Can you tell me what I might have accidentally done to break my Agile Gadget?

Thanks!!!

Dan

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Panos Savvas October 30, 2012

Yes. The Atlassian Support team helped me with an answer in the following ticket. Min Yee Chin was very helpful and this solved my problem. In a nutshell, the project (or projects) are not associated with the "Scrum" template in configuration (mine was set to "Default"). Switching this value to "Scrum" made it work for me. I suspect that "Default" is set by the answer we chose on the GreenHopper Getting Started wizzard.

Full details are here and if you can't get there, the Support team's answer is pasted below.

https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JST-47768

Min Yee Chin [Atlassian] added a comment - 14/Oct/12 8:52 PM

Hi Dan,

As mentioned in the documentation, the 'Burnup' and 'Velocity' tab will only appear if the project associated to a Scrum template:

The 'Burnup' and 'Velocity' tabs will only be displayed if all the issues selected by your chosen filter, use the Scrum template.

I have performed a testing on this. If you associate the project with Scrum template, the 'Burnup', 'Velocity' and 'Burndown' tab will appear on the gadget. In order the tabs to appear on the gadget, you can associate the project with Scrum template via Tools > Configuration (which appears on the top right of the screen). Please note that this will only applicable if you are using Classic Board which you can find from Agile (tab) > Classic.

If you need further information, you can refer to the following documentations as a guideline:

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Min Yee

Panos Savvas October 30, 2012

Hi Min

Many thanks for your help. That worked... I pasted your response into the answer section so that others with the same issue can see that the question has been answered. I hope that's ok.

0 votes
Dan Chuparkoff October 24, 2012

Yes. The Atlassian Support team helped me with an answer in the following ticket. Min Yee Chin was very helpful and this solved my problem. In a nutshell, the project (or projects) are not associated with the "Scrum" template in configuration (mine was set to "Default"). Switching this value to "Scrum" made it work for me. I suspect that "Default" is set by the answer we chose on the GreenHopper Getting Started wizzard.

Full details are here and if you can't get there, the Support team's answer is pasted below.

https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JST-47768

Min Yee Chin [Atlassian] added a comment - 14/Oct/12 8:52 PM

Hi Dan,

As mentioned in the documentation, the 'Burnup' and 'Velocity' tab will only appear if the project associated to a Scrum template:

The 'Burnup' and 'Velocity' tabs will only be displayed if all the issues selected by your chosen filter, use the Scrum template.

I have performed a testing on this. If you associate the project with Scrum template, the 'Burnup', 'Velocity' and 'Burndown' tab will appear on the gadget. In order the tabs to appear on the gadget, you can associate the project with Scrum template via Tools > Configuration (which appears on the top right of the screen). Please note that this will only applicable if you are using Classic Board which you can find from Agile (tab) > Classic.

If you need further information, you can refer to the following documentations as a guideline:

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Min Yee

0 votes
Panos Savvas October 24, 2012

Has anyone found a solution to this? I am having a similar problem

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events