Adding an issue to an ongoing sprint

Hi,

I am currently performing my SIT testing phase - [ the non functional user story ] - as a 'Sprint' with 72 hours of effort earmarked for this user story.

Now when i add a bug to the ongoing sprint it shows up as scope change in the burndown report. In my case it is not, as i know it is easily manageable within the allowed 72 hr bandwidth I have.

I would like to if there is any way to add bugs to the ongoing sprint without getting this 'scope change' comment ?

As per my understanding 'scope change' comment is fine as long as i have bugs to resolve and it is exceeding my 72 hr bandwidth.

If anyone has done any workaround on this part, pls let me know.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Renjith Pillai Community Champion Jan 21, 2013
Anything added to sprint is a scope change. Keep the effort for bug zero, so that burn down is intact Or create a few dummy bugs and edit them during sprint. If no bugs found, delete those issues.

But is this approach correct - ' anything added to the sprint once it has begun is a scope change, even if it is well achievable within my estimated efforts ' ?

Renjith Pillai Community Champion Jan 22, 2013

See if you are adding a bug it means, you are adding it so that it can be tracked. If you do not have it be estimated, leave it as zero. As I said, it wont affect the burndown.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published 3 hours ago in Agile

Community Showcase: Thomas Deiler, Mountaineering Agile Coach

Thomas Deiler is a Bavarian, Mountaineering, Senior Agile Coach. In this Showcase, you will learn about his journey from software engineer to project manager, his freelance philosophy, and much more....

35 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot