It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When Agile Architectures Fail

Scott_Theus Community Leader Dec 12, 2019

A connection on Linked In shared an interesting article with me today. It describes a methodology that could have addressed some of the issues I've faced during my current project. Unfortunately for me, that project is in its final sprints, so I'll be presenting this as a "lessons learned" on our next retrospective. 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/when-agile-architectures-fail-jeffrey-anthony/

1 comment

Tim_Keyes Atlassian Team Jan 10, 2020

Hi Scott,

Thank you for sharing. I found number 6 interesting:

"Team leaders must be sensitive to any significant degradation in team velocity that may result from a newly adopted architecture. That may indicate that the architecture is flawed or overly complex."

I believe new systems, tools, and architecture will often lead to some degradation before improvements are realized.  It is probably hard to define what is significant degradation or what is some additional turbulence and pain points on the path to greater efficiency.  Organizations also need to know when it is time to pivot. 

Great thought provoking piece!

Cheers!

Tim 

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Agile

Where is my version 1.23 deployed? or How to manage multiple versions across multiple environments?

Introduction In this article we describe the complexity of managing release cycles of complex IT solutions that comprise of a number of Apps, Service and/or Microservices. In particular, we will tou...

316 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you