cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Agile Architectures Fail

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

A connection on Linked In shared an interesting article with me today. It describes a methodology that could have addressed some of the issues I've faced during my current project. Unfortunately for me, that project is in its final sprints, so I'll be presenting this as a "lessons learned" on our next retrospective. 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/when-agile-architectures-fail-jeffrey-anthony/

1 comment

Comment

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

Hi Scott,

Thank you for sharing. I found number 6 interesting:

"Team leaders must be sensitive to any significant degradation in team velocity that may result from a newly adopted architecture. That may indicate that the architecture is flawed or overly complex."

I believe new systems, tools, and architecture will often lead to some degradation before improvements are realized.  It is probably hard to define what is significant degradation or what is some additional turbulence and pain points on the path to greater efficiency.  Organizations also need to know when it is time to pivot. 

Great thought provoking piece!

Cheers!

Tim 

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events