What’s new with the Jira + Slack integration: Personal Notifications & App Home

Mahsa Tehrani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2020

Using Jira and Slack together? Learn how to deliver better and faster value to your customers by leveraging the Jira + Slack integration. Watch this Demo Den series to learn how to get your Jira notifications right in Slack instead of sifting through email, and how to find and work on your most important Jira issues right from Slack to minimize hopping between Slack and your browser throughout the day.

Demo Den is our regular series to showcase the latest product features and answer your questions. Join us starting October 6, 2020 to ask your questions HERE about all things Jira + Slack. David will continue to answer questions this month, so don’t be shy!

Jira + Slack Integration: Personal Notifications

Jira + Slack Integration: App Home - Demo Den October

6 comments

Comment

David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2020

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to discuss the newest features of our Jira + Slack integration.

If you don't have the integration yet, just click here to install the Jira Cloud app onto your Slack workspace. Then, you'll be able to pipe your personal Jira notifications into Slack instead of email, and view your most important issues right in Slack without switching to Jira. I can't wait to hear what you think!

Cheers,

David

Like # people like this
Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2020

did you guys recently make any changes to this integration, I've been getting notifications in Slack using the Jira cloud integration for months now. It's been working great. All of a sudden my notifications stopped flowing into slack. 

David Michelson
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2020

Hi @Jeffrey Bistrong,

I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying using Jira notifications in Slack. Around the date you posted this comment we experienced some issues receiving notification events from Jira, which resulted in an interruption in notifications through Slack to end users. Apologies for the late communication!

We deployed a fix back then and things should be up and running again. Are you able to receive notifications now?

Thanks for your feedback!

Ismaila Baradji October 20, 2020

Hi, 

How to notify just for one project?

Like David Michelson likes this
Cat W October 20, 2020

In Slack, use the /jira connect command and it will bring up configuration options. To connect to a project, select the site and project from the options in the dropdowns at the bottom, choose whether you want the messages to go to DMs or a channel, and click the Connect button.

jira-slack-connect.png

Once you've connected Jira projects, you can use the /jira manage command to bring up the list of connected projects, and selecting the Manage button will take you to the Slack integration configuration page in that Jira project, where you can customize which issues and events send notifications and how they appear in Slack.

Like David Michelson likes this
David Michelson
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2020

Thank you for being awesome @Cat W and helping @Ismaila Baradji ! #playasateam

Like Cat W likes this
jessica.cuevas October 21, 2020

Hello, when we comment using Slack, this is added to the ticket as an external comment. Is it possible to add an option to create an internal comment too?

Thanks!

David Michelson
Atlassian Team
October 21, 2020

Hi @jessica.cuevas

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I can understand when you have a Jira Service Desk project that you sometimes would want to post an internal note that a customer cannot see when commenting from Slack. And you're right, unfortunately today you can only post external comments from Slack. In order to post internal comments, you'll have to click the issue link and go into Jira.

I'd love to hear more about your use case - when do you want to post internal comments from Slack? What sort of issues are they?

As of today, we don't have any plans today to add this functionality, but we'll keep track of your feedback. Thank you!

Dan Brown November 18, 2020

any plans to add the ability to show active jira sprints?

David Michelson
Atlassian Team
November 19, 2020

Hi Dan,

Could you tell me more about what you envision for showing active Jira sprints, and why you would like to do that? Sounds super interesting.

Cheers,

David

Dan Brown November 19, 2020

Hello David,  sure i think in general the ability to embed JQL type macros would be ideal...similar as you might add JIRA macros to Confluence.

Manuel Buitron January 27, 2023

Hello!

Is there anyway to set up the jira+slack to receive a notification trough slack when a ticket is "WAITING FOR COSTUMER"?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events