Time for stand up

Dan August 22, 2019

What is the best time of the day to have a stand up?

2 comments

Comment

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2019

I schedule my stand ups as close to 9am as possible. Most of the project team gets in to the office by 8am, so a 9am stand up gives them (and me) time to get coffee, plan their day, check email, or whatever else they need to do to kick off the work day.

To me the most important thing about the stand up is the team collaboration on the planned work for the day, so having it before the day's work starts is key.

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

I really like the idea of having some time to settle in before the stand up meeting.  I typically have a stand up at 9am and start working at 9am so I am always trying to multi-task through emails, slack messages, or whatever other distractions instead of focusing on my team's impediments and daily activities.    

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2019

At my previous company, we had our stand ups at 10:30am.  Most of the team (including myself) live in Canada, but we had a couple of remote workers on our team that lived in Germany.  10:30am allowed for those that arrived by 10am to have a few minutes to get settled, I'm usually in between 6:30 - 7am (so almost half my day was gone) and our team mates in Germany were at their end of day.  For us, the most important thing was finding a common time where all team members were available for voice/video communication so that we could make sure we were all on the same page as far as who was doing what and what work was left to be done.

Just my two cents.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events