It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Time for stand up

What is the best time of the day to have a stand up?

2 comments

Scott Theus Community Leader Aug 22, 2019

I schedule my stand ups as close to 9am as possible. Most of the project team gets in to the office by 8am, so a 9am stand up gives them (and me) time to get coffee, plan their day, check email, or whatever else they need to do to kick off the work day.

To me the most important thing about the stand up is the team collaboration on the planned work for the day, so having it before the day's work starts is key.

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes Atlassian Team Jan 10, 2020

I really like the idea of having some time to settle in before the stand up meeting.  I typically have a stand up at 9am and start working at 9am so I am always trying to multi-task through emails, slack messages, or whatever other distractions instead of focusing on my team's impediments and daily activities.    

Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Aug 26, 2019

At my previous company, we had our stand ups at 10:30am.  Most of the team (including myself) live in Canada, but we had a couple of remote workers on our team that lived in Germany.  10:30am allowed for those that arrived by 10am to have a few minutes to get settled, I'm usually in between 6:30 - 7am (so almost half my day was gone) and our team mates in Germany were at their end of day.  For us, the most important thing was finding a common time where all team members were available for voice/video communication so that we could make sure we were all on the same page as far as who was doing what and what work was left to be done.

Just my two cents.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Agile

Overview of Advanced Roadmaps UI + Get started with Automation for Jira - Demo Den September 2020

Deliver better and faster value to your customers with the Jira automation platform. Watch this Demo Den series below to learn how to use the new interface and set up automation rules to help your te...

1,179 views 3 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you