Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member introductions to the Agile Community Group

Viewing page 7 of 8

181 comments

Comment

Cinthia Catalani November 1, 2023

Hello Everybody!

I work remotely from Brazil, making waves in the US. I am a fast learner and an even faster teacher. I love pets, superheroes, and time travel stuff. I am a QA and Data Analyst, wearing each hat for 6 years. I used to be a heavy user of Jira and Confluence. Since January, I have been a Jira Admin in an Analytics instance, sometimes with opportunities to play the Agile Master.

I have answered to the questions 1 and 6. :)

Cheers,

Cinthia

Like • # people like this
Kalee Williams
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2023

Welcome to the group, @Cinthia Catalani

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2023

Welcome, @Cinthia Catalani  👋👋👋

Like • Cinthia Catalani likes this
Murat Seven
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2023

Hello everybody!

giphy.gif_cid=ecf05e47sci6henf86okce9agx3v34eo76fllz5hxvbcse6m&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy 

I'm glad to be a part of this group!,

My name is Murat and I am an Atlassian Consultant at a Platinum Solutions Partner in Turkey. I really value this community. I look forward to interesting discussions.

Best

Kalee Williams
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2023

Welcome to the group, @Murat Seven

We're excited to learn from you! 

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2023

Hello! My name is Charlie, I work as a consultant specilized in Atlassian tooling.

I have seen many projects and customers in my carreer so far. Some trying to adopt agile, some pretending they are agile. And even some doing a great job at agile.

I had my first real-life experience with SAFe on a recent project I now left. It was a great experience!

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2023

👋

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2023

Welcome, @Charlie Misonne !

Kalee Williams
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2023

👋 Hi @Charlie Misonne! Welcome to the group, we're happy to have you! 

Like • Stefan Salzl likes this
Varunish Garg December 7, 2023

Hello Everyone, 

I am Varunish Garg here from Bangalore, India. I am a Technical and Product Documentation expert. 

Currently gaining my knowledge on Confluence. 

Varunish Garg December 7, 2023

Glad to be a part of this wonderful group. 

Kalee Williams
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2023

We're glad to have you here!

BHUSHAN PATIL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2023

I am Bhushan Patil, and thrilled to join this vibrant community group of Jira enthusiasts! I come with 2 years of experience in using Jira, Confluence and Crowd. I am looking forward to contributing to this community by sharing my knowledge, while learning from all the amazing members here.

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2023

Hi @BHUSHAN PATIL ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!!

Rahul Pandita December 26, 2023

Hello Atlassian Community!

I'm Rahul Pandita, and I'm thrilled to join this vibrant space of collaboration and innovation.

With a passion for efficient project management and a knack for problem-solving, I've spent the past few years diving into the world of Agile and Atlassian tools. From Jira to Confluence, I've found joy in streamlining workflows and optimizing team productivity.

Let's connect, share insights, and explore the endless possibilities of Atlassian together. Whether it's solving challenges or discovering new tips and tricks, I'm here to learn and contribute to our collective success.

Looking forward to being a part of this dynamic community and collaborating with fellow Atlassian enthusiasts! Feel free to reach out, and let's make our projects as seamless as our introductions.

Cheers to effective collaboration!

As regards with the icebreaker questions:

1. What type of team or company do you work for? 

I work for Accenture as a Product Owner and my team work on create Digital repository of Knowledge Management data we have across industries.

2. Do you have a hobby or something you enjoy when not working? 

My favorite hobby is to do sketching whenever I get some time free and also writing blogs of my travel journeys which you can find at: https://wanderlusttravellerrp.in/

CHIRAG VERMA
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 28, 2023

Hi Everyone!! Tbh I am very happy to be part of this community.

My name is Chirag Verma and currently I am in my penultimate year in my university majoring in computer science. My interests are in the field of AI and ML and finance. I want to create a service integrating the two fields to build a product to be used by anyone around the world so that they can use the various services provided by AI & ML in their finances. 
About my hobbies well I like swimming, it's just when you are underwater you hear nothing yet you feel like you are listening to everything, that feeling excites me!!
I am hoping to learn some new experiences and knowledge from this community and am really proud to be a member of it.  

Ankush Bora January 2, 2024

Hello All,

My name is Ankush. I am new to the Atlassian Community and to this group as well.
I have been a Scrum Master for 5+ years now and am still here. :)
I am part of a Data Analytics team and I love what we do for the company.

Icebreaker-5 : My favorite JIRA configuration is setting up individual dashboards for my team members customized to their respective needs.

Icebreaker-6 : Badminton enthusiast. Love to smash the birdie.

I have been hearing about JIRA having a "bad" rep in the Agile world. I believe that should change!

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2024

Welcome, @Ankush Bora  👋

Kalee Williams
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, @Ankush Bora

I loved your icebreaker questions. Your team must love you for the custom configurations. 

Like • Ankush Bora likes this
Ankush Bora January 15, 2024

@Kalee Williams: I wish they do! :)

Angi Bowman January 18, 2024

Hi! I'm Angi, the product manager for a conversion optimization SaaS company. My background started in marketing and communications before moving to conversion optimization and project management. This latest move has pulled on a technical side I knew existed but always pushed away. Heck, I took Fortran in college! I'm working towards my Lean Six Sigma and PPM certifications at the moment.

• I work for Lucky Orange. I was employee #3, and I've been here for almost 8 years. We're a small but mighty team. Our SaaS provides CRO tools to websites (heatmaps, recordings, surveys, etc.). 
  • Let's all agree that siloed teams needs to end. I bring on that communication background to make sure all departments are included. 
  • I hope to learn from this group! I moved our engineering team from Notion to Jira this fall, and I'll take any and all tips I can get. I use Jira so differently than engineers do, and it's been a great experience for all of us. 
  • For a hobby, I like wildlife photography. We don't have much wildlife here in the 'burbs of Kansas City, so it means I get to plan trips around photo opportunities like whale watching in California or moose in Colorado. 
Kalee Williams
Atlassian Team
January 18, 2024

Welcome to the group, Angi! It also sounds like we can learn a lot from you. 😊

What a cool hobby! What's the most unique animal you've photographed before?

Raymond Muyuka January 20, 2024

I work in a startup tech company that provides ERP solutions.

2. What is an antiquated way of working and how would you want to see it change?

The 5 day work week, i would want to see it reduced to 4 days.

3. What do you hope to get out of this group?

Insights on how to be better as an agile practitioner.

4. What do you hope to bring to this group?

A sense of humor and new perspective.

5. What is your favorite Jira configuration tip and why? 

Always make sure your work flows are done correctly it will save you alot of sleepless nights.

6. Do you have a hobby or something you enjoy when not working? 

Fifa.

Sean Chua _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2024

Hello, I'm relatively new with Atlassian (around 1 year). Had never really known or used Agile but looking forward to understanding more about the practice. 

Kalee Williams
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2024

Welcome, @Sean Chua _Adaptavist_

The Atlassian Community is a perfect destination for learning about all things agile. The Atlassian University has some great learning paths, you can check them out here.

Like • Sean Chua _Adaptavist_ likes this
Andrew_Heawood January 24, 2024

Hello everyone,

I have worked in digital (mostly agency) for most of my career and now find myself in industrial automation at an early stage of digital transformation.  Fantastic and frustrating in equal measure!  I'm the tester, the project manager, the product owner, the scrum master, the UX researcher and the product manager.

Is Agile dead or alive?

:)

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2024

@Andrew_Heawood  Juggling all those roles, you're not just transforming digital, you're a digital transformer! 🤖

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2024

Hej, @Andrew_Heawood. Welcome to this group, and to the community. 👋

As far as I can tell, Agile principles are very much alive in the Atlassian customer base, to varying degrees.

-dave

Like • Kalee Williams likes this
HIMANSHU KUMAR January 24, 2024

I'm glad to be a part of this group!

I am a Jira Admin at Clover Infotech in Mumbai, India.

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2024

Howdy all! Happy to be here!

1. What type of team or company do you work for? - I lead the Build and Release organization for Cisco Appdynamics and Full Stack Observability.
  2. What do you hope to get out of this group? To be challenged to continue to grow and share my learnings.
  3. What do you hope to bring to this group? An experienced approach to translating the Agile manifesto into Atlassian terms and techniques.
  4. Do you have a hobby or something you enjoy when not working? Traveling, hiking, outdoor cooking, camping, and scenic drives
Hrishikesh Tavar February 9, 2024

Greetings, I'm Hrishikesh, thrilled to be part of this group. Presently, I serve as a project manager at an IT firm, adept at handling projects of varying scales. Our preferred tool for project management is Jira.

Now, let's break the ice:

6. I thoroughly enjoy trekking and embarking on explorations.

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2024

Welcome to the community, @Hrishikesh Tavar  👋  I also enjoy trekking and my favorite vacation included a lot of hiking in the Swiss & French Alps!

Like • Jeff Tillett likes this
John Connolly February 11, 2024

Hi there,

I'm John - an Agile Coach, Scrum Master and Jira devotee :) from Canberra, Australia.  I have been lucky to work with Jira - mostly in Government roles - for the past 8+ years.  I'm just beginning my Atlassian certification journey to solidify much of my 'learning by doing', and am keen to connect with others who are at a similar stage in the process.  I've mostly worked with Scrum and Kanban teams, and on some projects following SAFe.  I've run countless informal learning sessions with my teams.

What do I hope to bring to this group?

I love trying to solve interesting Jira challenges, and am a sucker for some clever JQL or a good plugin. I'm also looking forward to bringing some of my Agile experience to the mix, too.

What is your favorite Jira configuration tip and why? 

More of a plugin recommendation - JXL by Fine Software!  Get it and do not look back!  Trust me, it's the tool you need for SO many different situations...

Excited to be part of the community! 

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2024

Welcome to the community, @John Connolly  👋 

And good luck with your certification journey. If you haven't already found them, there are a number of articles here on the community about others experience in this area.

-dave

Nick Nader - Isos Technology
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2024

Hi everyone!

I am a Senior Solution Engineer with Isos Technology for the past 5 years. I have been in the Agile space my whole career, and was part of the Jira Align EAP and implementation training back in 2019 when they first acquired AgileCraft.

I have an SPC SAFe 5.0 cert, and demo the JA product to prospective customers every week.

I hope to learn as much as I can from this group of amazingly talented individuals, and take my understanding of Agile methodology to the next level.

My hobby list is long but some top ones are: reading, video games, mountain biking, snowboarding, and gardening/horticulture. 

Kalee Williams
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2024

Welcome to thee group, @Nick Nader - Isos Technology ! 

We're excited to have you here and thanks for sharing your hobbies. 

Like • Dave Rosenlund likes this
Marshall Walker Lee
Atlassian Team
February 26, 2024

Hello, everyone. It's a pleasure to meet all the new folks 😃

My name is Marshall and I am the head of customer education at Atlassian. If you have any questions about training and certification, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. 

Ice breakers: 

What is an antiquated way of working and how would you want to see it change? Micromanagement and perfectionism. We go further faster when we empower others to make decisions, execute, & learn. Getting it 80% right 5x as fast is much better than getting it perfect by managing every detail. 

Do you have a hobby or something you enjoy when not working? Playing music, long-distance running, vipassana meditation, and raising my kids. 

Thiago Pinheiro March 12, 2024

Hi! I'm a product manager at Stefanini (IT Services company) and the antiquated way of working I wanted to see changing is about the way we validate ideas, we are getting better but still taking too long to get results from a "MVP".

My new favorite thing on Jira is the Product Discovery, specially seeing how this gets integrated with Atlas! 

Ankush Bora March 21, 2024

Although I have been in the community for some time now (possibly 3-4 months), I wanted to say 'hello world' to all members here and in the community.

It has been a wonderful experience for me so far. Look forward to learn from the immense knowledge that folks here have. :)

As for answers to the questions from @Kalee Williams  above:

--> I work for a digital marketing team working on Go To Market capabilities. :)

4. What do you hope to bring to this group?

--> I think I can add my '2 cents' around stuff under the Agile umbrella.

P.S. - Consider this as a re-introduction

Kalee Williams
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2024

We're happy to have you, @Ankush Bora

Like • Charlene Freeman likes this
Charlene Freeman March 21, 2024

Hi My name is Charlene Freeman and I am the Agile Coach for all of North America at my company. I am also a Sr Scrum Master over multiple teams and manage several side projects. I sit on our global JIRA and Confluence Change Committee. 

Thank you for having me and I look forward to learning more in this community!

Kalee Williams
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2024

Welcome to the community, @Charlene Freeman

Like • Charlene Freeman likes this
Yves Nicodem
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2024
  1. Working in one of the largest Automotive Supplier Company as "Release Train Engineer" - see SAFE
  2. Functional divided teams, take the courage and build up cross functional ones along customer values/requirements
  3. See how other members work currently 
  4. Vision and experience regarding Agile teams to fit into classical management practices/requests
  5. Strongly use the linkage "depends on" to track dependencies
  6. Swimming, Running.
Kalee Williams
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2024

Howdy, we're excited to have you in the group @Yves Nicodem

Like • Yves Nicodem likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2024

Yes, welcome @Yves Nicodem  👋

Alex G March 28, 2024

Hi!
My name is Alexandra, I work as a project manager in a software development agency.
I manage my team's workload, project deliveries, dedicated resources, time management, well... everything with Jira Software!
I'm in this group to learn how to get the most out of Atlassian products ðŸ˜ƒ

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2024

Welcome to the group, @Alex  👋

Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2024

Hi All,

I'm an Agile Delivery Manager working for a pensions firm.  In my role I work across our entire Engineering department but focus mainly on 2 areas; Commercial Products as part of a cross functional team with our Marketing and Digital Transformation teams, and Data Platform where we have been implementing a Data Lake and integrating reporting and analysis across the company.  I'm also Delivery Manager for other smaller cross functional teams such as Finance Updates where I am leading another team to update our current finance data sources to be followed by a migration to a new Finance system, and an Operations Updates team where I am leading the combined teams to decommission existing applications and services as we transition to a new customer facing platform provider.

On top of all of this I am the company Agile Coach, and Engineering Jira admin.

As to antiquated ways of working, I've seen a number of people in this group mention excel, and we are currently in the process of removing the reliance on Excel that some of the teams (especially Finance) seem to have by replacing data sources and bringing in the new Finance system.  Even in engineering there are still people using excel and I've spent the past week moving one of these into JPD instead.  Additionally the use of emails to send a spreadsheet back and forwards is another antiquated way of working that we're stamping out on; information should be where the work is rather than lost in an inbox somewhere!  Oh, and meetings where the entire department is invited to listen to 2 people speak to each other on a video call, which they don't need to be involved in, and which is recorded for anyone who wasn't there because no-one set an agenda or took notes.

I think from the point of view of Jira configuration I've got a few tips:

Firstly, for those who can add in additional hierarchy levels, for instance Theme and Initiative so you can then treat an epic as a single deliverable rather than being a top level never ending container.

Secondly, don't be afraid to create new issue types for specific purposes, for example with our Data Platform team we often have multiple areas that the team are working on simultaneously so we have multiple Sprint Goals and to bring out visibility of these Goals I have created an issue type called 'Sprint Goal' which literally contains a Description (which contains any acceptance criteria), a refence field for what epic the goal is against, a RAG comment field, and a link to the Sprint.  There is a simple 3 status workflow 'Goal Set', 'Not Met', and 'Met', and then at the Sprint Review we just set the status to Met or Not Met and add a RAG comment if it's not Met.  This all links up to a dashboard so the stakeholders can see at a glance how the work is progressing and I have a handy reference for my weekly Atlas projects / goals update.

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2024

Welcome. @Stephen_Lugton. Those are some great tips! Thanks.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events