It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do scrum in and outside of a project

We are doing a data lake project where we use scrum. We have a certain project team, deadlines, etc and we do sprints to plan our work load. With great success! But between this bigger projects we have smaller tasks and changes. My approach would be to still continue with this two week sprint planning and to clean the backlog, building a sprint etc. And if a new bigger project with more importance will apear just to focus on this tasks with appropriate story pointing etc. But I am not 100% sure if this is the proper way, maybe somelse has experience in this kind of field? In a data lake project we will have to improve, adapt, etc. anyway in cirlces due to the CRISP model. 

For me this is project and change Management with no hard sperations realized with scrum....

1 comment

First of all, you can add new user stories/tasks in backlog and based on the team velocity you can pull the tasks in the current sprint.

In doing so you may need to put some planned user stories for current sprint in the backlog.

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Agile

Why can't I manage my Sprint while I am the SCRUM Master?

As a SCRUM Master, one of your key tasks involves planning Sprints in your team and in order to do this, you must be able to create new Sprints and complete active ones. In order to fulfil these ta...

309 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you