Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global SAFe Summit '23 (Nashville)

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2023

Who'll be in Nashville next week for SAFe Summit '23?

I'm neither a SAFe practitioner nor hope to become one. Nonetheless, I'll be attending my 5th SAFe Summit event next week. And I'll start my journey to become a certified SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager. 

Why? Well, in my book, customer empathy—above all else—helps software companies build the right products (and/or add the right features). And SAFe Summit is a fantastic place to learn more about the challenges and obstacles organizations face when they take the SAFe journey.

Many of those organizations use Atlassian products to help them on that journey. Moreover, those organizations tend to be larger and more complex. So, their challenges tend to take more work to overcome.

In other words, SAFe Summit is an empathy-seeker's paradise. I know the insights I will gain next week in Nashville will help me improve at what I do—aiding teams that deliver relevant software solutions for Jira and Confluence.

Atlassian will be there, too. As will a number of Atlassian Solution Partners and Marketplace Partners.

So, who's going to be there? Perhaps we can meet informally, birds-of-a-feather style, during the attendee lunches, and/or in other ways. I am open to your suggestions.

~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. Atlassian is hosting an Evening Night Cap on Wednesday, August 16. Visit the Atlassian booth (#232) for more information.

P.P.S. See @Patrick Howell post about the Nashville ACE meeting on Tuesday, August 15th, featuring speakers such as @Ed Gaile@Fun Man Andy, and @Meghan Wright

3 comments

Comment

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2023

I got approval to go to SAFe Summit....next year.

Unfortunately I won't be able to see you and all the friends (on the Atlassian side and the SAFe side) until next year.  

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2023

😕

Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2023

There's a Nashville ACE meeting next Tuesday... in Nashville (duh!).  I'm hoping to make it to this event... it's a bit of a drive from Lexington, KY, but worth it in my book.  While I'd love to attend to see the vendors and better sharpen my overall skills, we've pretty much walked away from SAFe in favor of Kanban.  We spent ~4 years trying to operate as a SAFe organization, and it just isn't for us.

However, it would be great to be there... to see several of the vendors we crossed paths with out at Team'23 in Las Vegas, and to catch up with old friends.  Hope you have a wonderful conference!

Like # people like this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2023

If you do make it to that Nashville ACE meeting, @Randy O_Neal,  a number of Atlassian ecosystem folks who'll be in town for SAFe Summit will see you there.

Like # people like this
John Chiappetta August 10, 2023

I will be attending the conference on the last day!   Should be fun!!

John C.

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events