Evidence-based Management in your teams

Zuzanna Perkowska August 27, 2020

Hey, 

I'm writing an article for a foundation in which I work (SolDevelo Foundation: https://soldevelofoundation.org/) about EBM. To make my article more interesting I'm doing research about EBM in practice, how teams use it, practice use of EBM and other topics which are connected with an "adaptation of EBM in different companies and teams". 

I'll be glad if you could say something from your point of view, maybe tell me a story about introducing EBM to your team. I will be grateful for anything you would like to share with me :)

Thanks in advance,

Susan

1 comment

Comment

pargab sala October 15, 2020

Hey Susan,

Let me share my thoughts on EBM, It will be very nice if this will help you out. Key Highlights of EBM and certain definitions are mentioned below.

• What is EBM?
    It is a movement to explicitly use the current, best evidence in management and decision making.
  • It is based on the three principles of: 1) published peer-reviewed (often in management or social science journals) research evidence that bears on whether and why a particular management practice works; 2) judgement and experience from contextual management practice, to understand the organization and interpersonal dynamics in a situation and determine the risks and benefits of available actions; and 3) the preferences and values of those affected.
  • Purpose of the EBM Guide
    Evidence-Based Management (EBM) is an empirical approach that helps organizations to continuously improve customer outcomes, organizational capabilities, and business results under conditions of uncertainty. It provides a framework for organizations to improve their ability to deliver value in an uncertain world, seeking a path toward strategic goals. Using intentional experimentation and evidence (measures), EBM enables organizations to systematically improve their performance over time and refine their goals based on better information. By measuring current conditions, setting performance goals, forming small experiments for improvement that can be run quickly, measuring the effect of the experiment, and inspecting and adapting goals and next steps, EBM helps organizations to take into account the best available evidence to help them make decisions on ways to improve.

For more please check the link, that might help: https://www.scrum.org/resources/evidence-based-management-guide?gclid=CjwKCAjw5p_8BRBUEiwAPpJO6w8yJnrP6XFb-J9Y2C-MI7gxIFXLwMa1cmQ6_LbwWMegDoJTQqHFeBoC92oQAvD_BwE

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events