Daily Scrums/ Stand-ups for team building

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

I've been an Agile practitioner for quite a while; I got my CSM cert shortly after my PMP cert, and while the PMBOK fills my brain with project stuff, the Agile Manifesto and Scrum Principles do more to guide my day-today activities and the way I build high performing teams more than any "body of knowledge."  

With that said, I'll admit that not all of my projects are Agile, many of my projects are more "Agile-ish" and some of them wouldn't even be considered "projects" by PMBOK standards. However, as an Agile practitioner I've found that many of the Scrum rituals work for team building beyond just project management and, when starting a new team or coaching an existing team I stress the importance of a daily stand-up within the team to build their collaboration and teamwork, regardless of whether it is a software project, a marketing gorup, a finance team, or any other group of people working together towards a common goal. 

So...check out this video on the daily stand-up: 

I'm interested in hearing how you've applied stand-ups or other Scrum/Agile rituals to team building inside or outside of project management. 

#YourAgileCoach

#AgileCorner

1 comment

Comment

Lewis Haidt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2019

Scott, thanks for sharing this.

Stand-ups certainly are a key pivot around which many enter into Scrum.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events