Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a PMO in JIRA and Confluence

Ron Swank February 2, 2023

Starting a new carreer as manager of a PMO.  i have worked for years in JIRA and confluence so very fluent but would like to really look at some solid work out there to put together a PMO using these tool sets and best way to configure.

4 comments

Comment

Syed Abdul Basit February 2, 2023

What would be your requirements and tools to configure?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2023

Such an interesting topic.

I think you can try to answer the following questions to expand the scope of discussion on this topic.

• What is the goal of my team (PMO)
  • How is my team doing now (progress, obstacles)
  • What kind of help does my team need? (from other teams or my lead)
  • What can I expect from the tools and what it can do??
Ivan Ferreira
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

The tools are just means to an end. I would recommend first this video:

https://youtu.be/R-fol1vkPlM

Then, you can configure your tools according your goals.

If you want to follow a tradditional approach, check Advanced Roadmaps. 

Claudia Oakley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2023

Jira is a very powerful tool but as any tool it has its limitations, if the focus is to use the tool for a team to fit how a tool works can create a lot of challenges and disagreements as not all teams execute the same type of work or solve the same kind of problems. 

From an agile perspective, one size does not fit all. 

However with the proper configurations and knowledge, Jira and other Atlassian tools can be set up to unleash the power of teams and  bring up your game for solid teamwork.

Now, Jira allows to manage projects and teams, however you can always use Confluence to create high-level views for a program that might require multiple Jira projects as this is not possible with Jira (You can use roadmaps in Jira but is only for one Jira project), that means that you'd need to look into additional Atlassian products to create Roadmaps and higher level views, for visualizing at a program / initiative level that might require to retrieve data from more than 1 project. 

Happy to chat more if you have any other questions! 

Mark Bonnett April 17, 2023

Hi Claudia, possible to expand on the steps / tools and workflow required in confluence or these additional recommended products to create the views from a programme management perspective, please?  

Claudia Oakley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2023

Definitely Atlassian Marketplace is the best place to start. 

Here you can find "Power-Ups" for JIRA, Confluence and other Atlassian Products! 

One of my favs from our partner, Old Street Solutions, have for Jira and Confluence Custom Charts. 

You can explore to see what app can fulfill your use case :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events