You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
We are graduating from having one large scrum team on one project to something more structured and I wanted to get advice on the best way to utilize Jira to do this. My main goals:
- Track velocity accurately across different scrum teams so that we can better forecast capacity
- Be able to manage clean backlogs to communicate to the business (and hopefully use velocity to predict capacity for future sprints
- Efficiently organize sprint planning so that not everyone needs to attend every sprint planning. Right now its one massive sprint planning which seems unnecessary
- I want to organize sprints by goals and topics instead of splitting the sprints by FE / BE / Mobile which is what we do now.
- 3 main initiatives / projects
- 2 evenly divided FE/BE Team Scrum Squads
- 1 Mobile Team Scrum Squad
Where I am struggling is:
- If we divide the 3 initiatives into 3 separate Jira Projects, then I essentially have 2 scrum squads that are divided across the projects. I am not sure how we logistically manage boards, planning this way. I'm also concerned about how we manage backlogs across the projects with the business if we are moving squads between projects all the time.
- I don't have enough scrum squads to divide each one into an individual Project cleanly.
- I could create just one project for the 3 initiatives and maybe use Components to divide the tracking. However then we would need to potentially combine the backlog and prioritize across initiatives which will be a little difficult to manage with the business.
Please send me your best use cases and structures so that I can get this structured correctly. Thanks in advance!