Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice to develop an agile mindset

Thomas Kish
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2023

The agile mindset is a paradigm shift. I had some trouble with it coming from the automotive industry and only working with the waterfall methodology. Just like any paradigm shift, you first need to want to make the shift. Next I had to realize you can't just switch waterfall projects to Agile, each has a place. Then I started thinking about which projects could use this from my last job and I came up with a realization, we could have adopted this to our scrap team.

Production scrap happens daily and just like with Agile, you don't want to wait a long time to make improvements (management expects improvements each month). You could run the scrap improvement project using Agile, meet daily to followup, work on a limited, prioritized task list and deliver quickly. As new defects show up, add them to the backlog, groom it (once per week meeting), re prioritize and keep delivering improvements.

3 comments

Comment

Michael Henrys {TechTime} July 4, 2023

It's really interesting to see how agile can be adopted in all sorts of industries once you start practicing it. I used to work in Libraries and I think they would benefit a lot from a more agile approach to work. 

Kyren Cabellon July 11, 2023

I love the thinking process here that you've shown!

It is a paradigm shift and some areas of the business don't benefit completely from turning Agile - maybe just some parts of it and some parts benefit from another form of thinking.

Mary Agueros July 17, 2023

Thank you Thomas for the example of how the scrap team could benefit from Agile. I will be watching this thread for other examples from other industries. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events