Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What advice would you give to help a new teammate develop their agile mindset?

93 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

ellen wilkins July 7, 2022

Advice would be to The Agile Mindset would be to read the values and principles and give a real-world example of how things are ever-evolving and changing.

Like • Andrew DeBell likes this
Mmabatho Selolo July 9, 2022

Be agile and improve your skills. Have a plan and always be ready to make intelligent pivots.

Like • # people like this
Ovidiu Davidescu July 11, 2022

A new teammate should communicate more often with the other team members and every time he or she has something to ask they should not be ashamed and they should ask their coleagues with more experience. And of course individual study helps a lot...improve their mindset in an agile way.

Miguel Arce July 12, 2022

My advice is to be "open mind" to this way of working and good attitude. Not to be tied to conventional ways. 

Gareth Banks July 13, 2022

Good people and strong communication are more important than the tools.

Mahesh Patil July 14, 2022

Having openness to other and to ourselves, finding better ways to communicate each other more effectively

Steve Scott July 15, 2022

My advice would be to review the Agile Manifesto every other day in the beginning and then just start using one of the Jira tools.  Get feedback from a more experienced colleague to confirm your approach.

Axel Cattaneo July 15, 2022

simepre temer una mente abierta, proactiva y estar atentos a los cambios para una rápida adaptaciĂłn 

Frank Santana July 16, 2022

Study the manifesto and always focus on improving the current processes.

KATE OKEKE July 17, 2022

Be highly in tune with the agile mindset qualities for smoother achievement of the organization’s intended effects; always ensure that communication is a priority.

Syed Mahbubur Rahman July 18, 2022

Remember four things:
1. Tools and processes are definitely important, but people who are meant to be using them are even more important.
2. Documentation should be part of a software, but give more importance to making the software working and bug-free.
3. Well negotiated customer contracts can make our lives easier, but not definitely at the cost of loosing collaboration from them.
4. There is no alternative to following a well thought plan, but changes should be welcome and must be responded to.

Marrshonn Cousins July 18, 2022

Communication is key, never be afraid to ask a question and collaborate with your team.

Florence Ogunbore July 18, 2022

- You need to be open to change because it's the only constant element

- The customers are our top priority

- The more you do, the more you know and get better at

- Remember to always communicate with your team mates

Heba Kh. Ahmed July 20, 2022

My advice would be first be familiar with the agile manifesto; values and principles. Think how to implement the Agile values and principles in your work. Think in innovative solutions, communicate well with your team members and take feedback. Practice makes perfect.

Diatta Harris July 21, 2022

Be sure to communicate team norms as it relates to utilizing Jira for consistency and easy onboarding.

Nilesh Bane July 22, 2022

Hello, my advice would be to understand the mindset from the four values and then move on to the commonly used frameworks that let you apply the values in practice. Use the frameworks and promote your teams to use them for accomplishing any work from now on.

Brett Griffiths July 24, 2022

Keep the team updated with progress, be ready to work with and learn from others. If you are new to scrum, the reflection is a good place to give feedback on any issues you had during the scrum

My advice would be very simple:

1. practice

2. make mistakes

3. understand your mistakes and fix them

4. and... practice again!

Developing is about acting and working.

Dick Moonstruck July 27, 2022

Change will always come, release the hold and curb your dedicated energy towards learning again, but with experience on your side.

Yiting_Simon July 29, 2022

My advice : use agile mindset, value and knowledge to the work and continuous improve the processes while using it .

Arjita July 31, 2022

Following the Agile Mindset - know what your team and company values are, and then see how you can align them best with the Agile values. There is no one standard answer of how to apply Agile perfectly, but rather how close you can reach the ideal Agile environment.

Like • Cathy Harrison likes this
Einat Kibbar August 2, 2022

My advice is to stay flexible. Things are not always as you are used to them. There are multiple correct answers in most situations. I feel that this is the hardest change to make.

Victor Cleber August 3, 2022

Changing your mindset can be a challenge. So, my advice is to read again and again the Agile values and principles by practising. Don't expect to be perfect because being Agile is getting things done, not perfect.

logicking1981 August 7, 2022

My advice is to keep the Work in progress in check for the project team and protect the team during sprint cycles as sometimes distractions effect teams capability to meet sprint goals

Fernando Ruiz August 8, 2022

My advice is to make your team aware of all the agile values and principles and then build with them the best customization to your workflow, I think all people of our teams can make very valuable inputs when they use their expertise to enhance their agile mindset basis

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events