Java 11 / OpenJDK support update for Server and Data Center products

32 comments

Leo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2019

Hi @Henrik_Høegh ,

Indeed, it was the plan to bundle OpenJdk 8 with Jira 8.2 however at the last moment we found an issue and had to reschedule the bundling for Jira 8.3. The table on this page was not updated though which may cause some confusion. We are sorry about that.

Like # people like this
Henrik_Høegh June 6, 2019

The error you found, does that affect a manual replacement of Oracle JDK to AdopOpenJDK ?

Or was it installer specific? I mean, does it affect the "Supported" status of AdopOpenJDK ?

Like Kevin Weis likes this
Leo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2019

It does not affect the JDK itself at all and was related only to the bundling.

So you can use your own distribution of OpenJDK to run Jira on without any problems.

Like Kevin Weis likes this
Oliver Leckebusch June 25, 2019

Hello Jakub,

did you have a Link for me, who will guide me directly to the current central support website for Server and Datacenter Products with the same wonderful content as the spreadsheet on this page who is illustrated as picture?

https://tnckb94959.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/57429iBB11DBBF591EF50A/image-dimensions/2500?v=1.0&px=-1

Thanks in advance

Cheers Olli

Travis Chafey September 3, 2019

@Krystian Brazulewicz Is there an update for Bamboo using AdoptOpenJDK? The Support Platform pages up to Bamboo 6.9 do not show anything for it.

Jeffrey Gullett October 23, 2019

Is there any chance you could update the table included in this article?  Many of the versions listed don't match the first version that OpenJDK 11 support was added.  I bookmarked this page so I could stay abreast of the Java 11 support status, but the information here is so out of date it really isn't useful anymore.

For example, I came here to see when Java 11 support was planned for Confluence.  We updated our Bitbucket/Jira server to AdoptOpenJDK 11, but now want to add a trial of Confluence to this server as well.  I'm not going to downgrade Java in order to test a new product.  This article indicates support will be added Q2 2019, in version 7.0.  It is currently Q4, 7.0.3 has been released, but it still doesn't support Java 11.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events