Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who delete my plan in advanced roadmap?

Amin Pazhohesh October 14, 2023

hi community

is there a way to find out who delete a plan in advanced road maps? is there a way to restrict deleting plan permission only to jira admin?  

thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Sachithra Dangalla
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2023

Hi @Amin Pazhohesh ,

You can use Jira Audit logs to identify who deleted a plan: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/audit-activities-in-jira-applications/

In order to restrict users from deleting plans, you can use individual plan permissions to restrict the “Edit” permissions on plans which will restrict users from deleting the plan: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/limit-who-can-edit-and-view-your-plan-in-advanced-roadmaps/

If the above doesn’t help, you can look for similar suggestions and vote or request a new suggestion from here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-25783?jql=project%3DJSWCLOUD%20AND%20type%3DSuggestion%20AND%20statusCategory!%3DDone%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Plan%20(Advanced%20Roadmaps)%20-%20Create%20%2F%20Save%20%2F%20Delete%22

Hope this helps. 

Amin Pazhohesh October 15, 2023

hi @Sachithra Dangalla 

there is no trace of it in audit log .

many people working on this plan and all of them must have edit permission

and unfortunately anybody with edit permission have deleting permission too!

Sachithra Dangalla
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2023

Hi @Amin Pazhohesh

You can search by the plan name to filter out the entries in the Jira Audit Log and if that doesn't show up anything, the log entry must have exceeded its retention period.

Or perhaps the plan was renamed, which would still be recorded in the logs if it's within the log retention period.

Please feel free to request a new suggestion and/or feedback about more granular permissions from the above link, so that we can consider it as future improvements. 

Cheers!

1 vote
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2023

Hi @Amin Pazhohesh the only way to know who deleted the plan would be to ask the Jira Admin to review the logs.  As for controlling who can do what in Plans there are Permissions that can be set.

Amin Pazhohesh October 15, 2023

Hi @Craig Nodwell 

thank you for your fast response.

would you please tell me in which log file I can find any trace of it? I checked atlassian-jira.log and there was noting usefull 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events