Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why some issues on my Plan has empty Team field

Dongmei Li April 3, 2022

What are the reasons that issues showed up in my scrum team's Plan without Team field assigned to the only team in the plan?  

If I have to manually assign team to the new issues added to the board, that's quite some effort.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2022

You do have to do it manually, unless you automate it.

Common automation to use is:

Trigger = Issue created

User condition of "Reporter is "team members names"

Action = Edit issue 

Currently the “Team” field cannot be selected from the “Choose fields to select” dropdown, so you need to add a Smart value setup like this into the “more options” section.

{
"fields": {
"Team": "6"
}
}

Note: "Team": "6" is just an example.

Dongmei Li April 4, 2022

thanks @Curt Holleyhow can i avoid the issue showing up with empty field?  i want to know what causes the empty Team so I can do it beforehand, before using automation.  thanks!  

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

I don't know @Dongmei Li but I would look at what issue source/s are used in the plan and the configuration of their filters.

As unless your scrum team use a board that filters on their "Team" and that board is the only issue source in use on the plan it is likely that issues without the "Team" field populated could/would appear on the plan.

But without more detailed info, I can only guess.

Like Dongmei Li likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events