Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the Theme have a value for an initiative issue when the issue is a child of Theme issue

Cash Coyne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2023

Why doesn't the Theme have a value for an initiative issue when the issue is a child of Theme issue?

I have an Advanced Roadmap in Jira Cloud and I have some Initiative type issues that are children of a Theme issue on the Roadmap, but when you look at the issue itself, the value for the Theme is empty.

How does this happen?

How can I fix it so that the Theme for the Initiative issue is populated with it's parent theme as in the Roadmap?

This is an example:

Here you can see that the Theme is not populated for Intiative ZMALM-499:

No Theme on Issue.jpg

And here you can see that ZMALM-499 is a child of ZMALM-477:

Initiative has a Parent Theme on Roadmap.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2023

Hi @Cash Coyne 

Not sure what your "Theme" field is (or is supposed to do), but I believe if you add the "Parent Link" field to the relevant Screen schemes, then that will be where the linkage is occurring.

Parent Link covers all the hierarchal linking for levels above Epic.

Cash Coyne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2023

Ahh, so it's the parent link field that makes the connection.  Good to know. I will use that.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events