You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I recently created a sprint board and a corresponding plan to visualize and track the teams progress. When using the "active sprints" tab in my sprint board and dragging a story from in progress to done and then going to my plan, velocity points appear to have been subtracted from my previous total number of story points for the sprint and the story also appears to have been removed from the plan.
It almost seems like once a story has been moved to "done," it's no longer associated with the sprint, hence why the story is removed from my plan and story points aren't showing in the velocity insights. I was expecting 0/16 pts for the sprint to go to 1/16pts done, but it went to 0/15pts.
When looking through the burnup and burndown charts, the completed story is accounted for but the accounting on the plan seems to not be pulling the right data for whatever reason.
I did some digging and saw this as a possible root cause and had manually added a custom post function to transition issues from unresolved to done since I noticed my resolution status were staying "unresolved" previously. But even once I did this, It's still not working.
please could you share your column mapping at board level and verify that tickets in the last column on the right have a resolution set?
Please find my column mapping below. I have tried checking the set resolution box but that setting doesn't seem to stick for me so I create a post automation when status changed to done, resolution state would be set to 'done'.
You'll see in my images that when looking at my sprint backlog, it shows the done task points as 10 and summation of done, in progress and to do as 32 pts. But when looking at the velocity insights in my plan, it for some reason removed the completed story's 10 points from the points allocated and didn't add them to the done total count.
The story was also removed from the list of issues in my plan as if once it was moved to a resolution state 'done,' then the task was no longer associated with anything on the plan.