Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Sprints on Advanced Roadmaps

Andre Franchini June 3, 2021

I've been trying to make the sprints show on the plan timeline, like in the screenshot below, but it is not working. 

Understanding sprints | Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Data Center and Server  3.29 | Atlassian Documentation

I've checked other posts in the community and the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/displaying-capacity-in-a-plan-974360323.html but it didn't work. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 17.30.46.png

Can anyone please help? Thanks! 

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

Hi @Andre Franchini,

Have a look at the issue sources of your plan through plan settings (the cog next to your plan's name) -> Issue sources.

Make sure that you are importing issues into your plan from a scrum board, not a project or a filter. If that is not the case, update your issue sources to your scrum board instead.

Next, under view settings group your issues either by sprint or team to display sprints on the timeline. An alternative may be to switch the views selector (towards the top right of your screen) to sprint capacity management instead of basic view.

Hope this helps! 

Andre Franchini June 7, 2021

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout, but the issues were imported from a board originally. And when I change the view as suggested by you the sprints still don't appear on the timeline (as per my screenshot above). Not sure what else is missing. 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

The board is a scrum board (not a kanban board) and your sprints are actually created from that very same board?

And the projects on your board are company-managed projects?

If you can answer yes on both those questions, can you share a screenshot of your issue source configuration and the scope view of your plan?

Yes @Walter Buggenhout, we use scrum boards and the sprints are created from this board. The projects are 'company-managed software'. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 12.44.40.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-07 at 12.45.55.png

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2021

Apparently, all your issues are unassigned (so not linked to a team). And maybe your teams are not assigned to a board either (an association you can define on the teams page in your plan).

Could you verify if your sprints start popping up after you associate issues with a team?

It works now, thanks a lot @Walter Buggenhout

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
0 votes
Holger Winkelmann November 12, 2022

We are also about to move to Jira Premium, because of the Advanced Roadmap, but I'm missing the horizontal bar with the Sprint View available in the Basic Roadmap s but not in advanced. 

0 votes
diomar garcia October 20, 2021

I am having the same issue of not being able to see the sprints in the timeline. I have all the setup :

1) Issue source is associated with a board

2) Issues are assigned to team members

3) Team assigned to a board

4) Board is a scrum board and sprints are created from the board

5) My view settings: Grouped by Team or Sprint and Show capacity on timeline is selected

I still do the see  the sprints in the timeline. What am I missing?

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

Are you on Cloud, or DC? As the link pertains to DC.

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

Yes, I had a look @Curt Holley but after making the capacity visible and grouping by teams I still don't see the sprints in the timeline. What else am I missing?

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 11.44.50.png

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2021

@Andre Franchini Have you associated each team with their board as an issue source?

asb.png

Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2021

@Walter Buggenhout Hi Walter!

I got a quick question - the Issue Source needing to be A board - is that documented somewhere?

Got a client which faced the same issue and I found the solution here with you.

Cheers,

Filipi Lima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events