You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
We've recently started using Portfolio and are having a couple of issues around release structuring.
1. The order in which releases appears in both the Releases tab and the Report for Releases seems to be the wrong order. When I click and drag to the correct order this does not persist (even after committing)
2. Items which are attached to more than 1 release (because they have children in more than one release) do not appear correctly on the schedule. They appear significantly shorter (i.e. 1/8th of an iteration) than they should (i.e. 2 iterations).
Hopefully we can find a solution to this as the tool seems pretty powerful otherwise.
The releases order in the "Releases" tab is editable by drag-n-drop which would generate changes to be committed. The order used here is left-to-right then top-to-bottom. If you believe the ranking is not persisting for you I'd suggest trying in an incognito window or another browser to eliminate this factor, If that doesn't work I'd suggest reaching out to support (https://support.atlassian.com/contact/).
I'm not sure of the situation you are facing in 2., if the issues are shorter than expected it could be that their estimate is not matching the expectation or that some of the issues are being filtered out which would be another reason for them to look shorter than expected.
Feel free to share some screenshot (anonymized if necessary) to help explain the situation.
Thanks Thomas for your input.
I tried your suggestions but both incognito and different browser windows did not work.
I have managed to get it working, and the following gives more context for how this issue occurred and what resolved it.
Portfolio has 6 different projects in it.
There are 10 Cross Project releases (Release 1, 2, 3, etc.).
Only Releases 6-10 had an associated release in each project.
Releases 1-5 only had 4 of the 6 projects with linked releases.
Once I ensured that Releases 1-5 had an associated release for each project I was able to re-organise and have my changes persist.