Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-include issues in a plan

fernanda.castilhos March 24, 2021

How to re-include issues in a plan (advanced Jira Roadmap)? The removed issue is no longer on the map (ok), but also the removed issue is NOT listed in the "Configure/Removed issues"

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2021

Hello @fernanda.castilhos ,

Thanks for reaching out and that does sound odd indeed.  I did a bit of basic testing to see if I could find a method to get an issue to fail to show up under the removed Issues configuration page of a plan but so far I have not been able to reproduce the behavior.

I would like to get some additional details about your plan configurations to see if I can spot the trigger condition causing this to occur.  can you please provide some screenshots of the following:

• Issue sources Config page
  • Exclusion Rules Config page
  • Removed Issues Config page

Then, also note:

• The full JQL Filters used by either
    • the boards listed on the issue sources page
    • or direct filters used if you are using a saved filter instead of a board as your source
  • Are there any Plan filters applied
    • and if so what filters
    • try clearing plan filters to see if the behavior changes
  • What is the status of the excluded issue
    • Check the attached board configuration pages to see if there is possibly an unmapped status
      • Navigate to the board > Select the 3 dot icon in upper right > Board Settings > Columns
  • Did you commit the changes after excluding the issue 
  • Does an issue show up under the "Review Changes" screen with a "What changed: Removed" indicator
  • When was the issue excluded (exact date or approximation would be great i.e: 5 days ago)
  • Is there anything in the issue history of the excluded issue that seems out of place or anything that you have done in the process of excluding the issue that you think could be related

Let me know what you find and I'll take a closer look.

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Adam Sigel July 12, 2021

I'm experiencing the same issue. I have a plan comprised of Initiatives, with Epics nested underneath. I would also like to show a small selection of stories that are not associated with Epics in the plan. When I set the plan hierarchy as `Initiative` to `Story` I see all my stories, tasks, bugs, and spikes. I have tested exclusion rules to exclude spikes, bugs, and tasks, leaving me with all the stories associated with the projects that populate the plan.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 9.58.07 AM.png

However, when I go to Removed Issues, there's nothing to re-include.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 9.59.21 AM.png

What I want to do is add stories to the list of excluded issue types and then selectively re-include some based on a label or custom field (open to either approach). There are no plan filters applied, and the stories I'm trying to include are all in mapped statuses.

How can I get stories to show up in the Removed Issues list for reinclusion?

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2021

Hi @fernanda.castilhos,

Can I ask how you removed the issue? Was this the result of selecting the issue and then using the Bulk Action to remove the issue? Or was it because you adjusted the issue sources or because the issue was resolved (for longer than the number of days configured for "Exclude any completed issues after")?

Regards,

Dave

0 votes
Ollie Reid March 25, 2021

I had a fixed version that removed an issue today.  I also add work to plans by using a component, are either of these applicable to your plan?

For instance if you don't have correct component on a Jira issue and your Plan requires that component you need to add the component.

If there is a fixed version, simply remove it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events