Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Plan doesn't load

Calvin Senteza August 20, 2019

When attempting to view a Jira Portfolio Plan it refuses to load. I've had this complain from multiple users and have even received an error. Is anyone able to advise?

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 4.15.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-20 at 4.42.10 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Emma Ysebaert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2019

Hi @Calvin Senteza ,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. Could you let me know what version of Portfolio for Jira you currently have installed, and also which browser/version/platform you're using?

Thanks,

Emma

Portfolio for Jira team

Calvin Senteza August 22, 2019

They are on Jira Portfolio version 3.7.0. I've verified the issue with multiple users and am certain it is reflected in Chrome and possibly Internet Explorer 11. They are on Jira Software 8.1.2 and Jira Service Desk 4.1.2.

Emma Ysebaert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2019

Are you seeing any errors in the console or the network tab?

Calvin Senteza August 23, 2019

No, the reason I have the tabs open in the screenshot is to show how they never load any data. Though the UI makes it seem as though Jira Portfolio is "Starting Up"

Emma Ysebaert
Atlassian Team
August 25, 2019

From the screenshot I can see that the page scripts have loaded, as the loading indicators are displaying. These continue to display while the scripts attempt to retrieve the backlog data for the plan, so there's either going to be an error retrieving the backlog, or an error processing the data that's returned. 

I can't replicate this in a local environment with the versions you've outlined, so it may be that there is something specific to your Jira set up that's causing this to occur.

Have you upgraded Jira or Portfolio for Jira recently, or changed any settings for the projects the plan uses? Did this issue start occurring after a specific upgrade or settings change?

Calvin Senteza August 28, 2019

The owner of the plan did some incremental changes to the source to see if he could narrow down what might be causing the issue. He was able to confirm that if he removed the data source Board= "x". Once he removed this board, the plan started working well and saw the issue come back when the board was added as a data source. No specific upgrade changes as this was a new plan that caused the issue.

Emma Ysebaert
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2019

It's interesting that portfolio is not liking something about this particular JIRA board. Without being able to see log files or console errors, I'd be stabbing in the dark to work out what might be wrong here.

It might be helpful to compare this board configuration to other boards that are working correctly in portfolio. Is the board based on a project, or a filter? Does the project setup for this board differ to the project setup for other working boards?

Armin Meyer _Seibert - Coderay_ September 26, 2019

We experienced the same behaviour. 

In our case we don't use boards to add the scope. Instead we add full projects.

We added the hierarchy level "Feature/Initiative" and the cause was in the end a cyclic reference.

We had a feature that was linked to an epic that was linked to that feature.

Maybe this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events