Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Portfolio] Jira cloud not showing heirarchy?

Tyler Berard October 30, 2019

Testing portfolio on a jira cloud test server as our organization is gearing up to make the official transition from server later this fall.

One big difference I've noticed in the cloud version of portfolio is the hierarchy option appears to not be available like it was in server. It's hugely valuable for us to be able to see multiple layers of our roadmap, but cloud appears to only let you view one at a time. Is there something i'm missing?

Here's what I'm seeing in server:

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 9.25.16 AM.png

This gives us the ability to see all layers from Theme to initiative.

The cloud version screenshot, below, seemingly only allows you to see the theme layer.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 9.25.28 AM.png

Is there something I'm missing here? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2019

Hi @Tyler Berard ,

The Features and functionality on the Server version of Portfolio are not in cloud yet, and the feature parity is quite different between the Live plan view in Cloud (2.x functionality) vs the improved interface (3.x and later) on the Server platform, some details on this are covered in the top 20 FAQ post on the new interface viewable here:

Portfolio for Jira Cloud

What's the difference between Portfolio for Jira Server and Data Center 3.0 and Portfolio for Jira Cloud?

Currently, Portfolio for Jira Cloud is roughly on par with the Portfolio for Jira 2.x experience with a few minor exceptions.

We understand there’s and huge interest in 3.0-like functionality in Cloud and we are exploring avenues to bring in similar functionality, and changes are coming.

However it's still a ways out and I can’t speak to our teams commitments to this task or discuss timelines or an ETA, but we’re happy to share more about how our product line is evolving overall. For the latest on our Server and Cloud journey, check out this Summit Keynote from Europe Summit 2018:

For Jira Cloud, as changes are rolled out and planned we share our public roadmap here:

And we have another roadmap specifically for enterprise features that work across Atlassian products, here:

With both these resource, you should be able to keep tabs on our development in Cloud as more details are rolled out.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events