You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Hello, I have a few epics that are currently in progress as seen at the scope level in my Portfolio plan. There are a few stories that have been completed for some of these epics, however, I noticed that the "Progress" bar is blank and is not indicating any work has been completed. Is there a particular reason as to why this is happening? Thanks.
Here are a few of things to consider:
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/tracking-progress-and-status-828785247.html for more information.
I've confirmed all three things and the progress bar still shows zero progress but there are stories that indeed have been completed under epics and initiatives. However if I filter to show things in the current sprint, the epics we're currently working on does show some progress. But if I filter by this month, this quarter, or last month, etc. it shows zero progress. Any further things I can look into I'd appreciate it.
Hi @Devin Stewart,
If you are using time estimates (as opposed to Story points), Portfolio uses the "Logged time" against the original estimate to calculate the progress which could be what is happening here if you are not using the log time feature in Jira.
Perhaps that is why I did not see the progress bar initiated because we are using both story points and time estimates. I noticed the user stories in which only story points are used the progress bar works just fine. It is mainly the stories that indicate time estimates that are associated to some epics...
We are not using time estimates, only story points. I'm still perplexed why I can see progress if I filter by "current sprint" but there is no progress if I filter by any other time, i.e. This month, This quarter, etc. We also have teams in which it works just fine and I can't pinpoint what the differences are between the teams.
Progress is calculated on what is matching the filter. If you are filtering for "This month" you would only get the closed issues since the beginning of the month which might not be much depending on the current date.