Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Epic Progress Bar

Kindle Scott February 6, 2018

Hello, I have a few epics that are currently in progress as seen at the scope level in my Portfolio plan.  There are a few stories that have been completed for some of these epics, however, I noticed that the "Progress" bar is blank and is not indicating any work has been completed.  Is there a particular reason as to why this is happening?  Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Shantharam Nekkar May 22, 2018

Did you get a resolution for this? I too am facing the same issue. We are using JIRA Portfolio crowd version and the progress bar is inaccurate more times than not. 

Shantharam Nekkar May 23, 2018

Updating to share with all. I opened a Ticket with Atlasssian and got an explanation for why this happening. Basically we need to ensure that every single filter is set correctly.

Senthilkumar Ananthakrishnan October 23, 2018

I do not have luxury to purchase JIRA portfolio. Is there any simple way (apart from excel) to get all EPIC progress in % in the project under JIRA. 

0 votes
Cameron Eldridge March 4, 2018

Here are a few of things to consider:

1. Verify the completed stories are in a GREEN (Done) workflow status category if you're estimating with story points.
  2. Ensure your Status filter shows both open and completed issues.
  3. By default, Portfolio only shows issues completed within the last 30 days. Set your Completion Date filter to a date that is able to capture the oldest completion date of stories in your plan. 2000-01-01 is obviously a safe bet.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/tracking-progress-and-status-828785247.html for more information.

Devin Stewart March 12, 2018

I've confirmed all three things and the progress bar still shows zero progress but there are stories that indeed have been completed under epics and initiatives. However if I filter to show things in the current sprint, the epics we're currently working on does show some progress. But if I filter by this month, this quarter, or last month, etc. it shows zero progress. Any further things I can look into I'd appreciate it.

Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2018

Hi @Devin Stewart,

If you are using time estimates (as opposed to Story points), Portfolio uses the "Logged time" against the original estimate to calculate the progress which could be what is happening here if you are not using the log time feature in Jira.

Cheers,

Thomas

Kindle Scott March 12, 2018

Perhaps that is why I did not see the progress bar initiated because we are using both story points and time estimates.  I noticed the user stories in which only story points are used the progress bar works just fine.  It is mainly the stories that indicate time estimates that are associated to some epics...

We are not using time estimates, only story points. I'm still perplexed why I can see progress if I filter by "current sprint" but there is no progress if I filter by any other time, i.e. This month, This quarter, etc. We also have teams in which it works just fine and I can't pinpoint what the differences are between the teams.

Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2018

Progress is calculated on what is matching the filter. If you are filtering for "This month" you would only get the closed issues since the beginning of the month which might not be much depending on the current date.

But shouldn't the stories showing closed in "this sprint" also show closed in "this quarter"? I have stories that aren't showing closed in this quarter but show complete in this sprint.

Thomas
Atlassian Team
March 12, 2018

It's probably worth contacting support as the behavior you are describing does not seem expected.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events