Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio 3.0 - auto schedule vs assignee

Ron Grosberg August 15, 2019

Hi,

When I do automatic planning - how is the assignee taken into consideration? will it always keep the same assignee but make sure that they are not over-allocated? is there any place that explains well how it is done?

By the way - I see that issues are always assigned to the size of a sprint, so that even if I think an issue takes 2d if my sprint is 2w, it will be allocated for the entire 2w, is this something that's going to stay?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ruslan Prakapchuk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2019

Hi @Ron Grosberg

Yes, the assignee is taken in consideration and is not re-assigned by the scheduler. Scheduler algorithm does its best to not overbook a person when assigning previously unassigned issues to them. However, Portfolio 3.0 doesn't support individual capacity yet and each assignee gets an equal share of team capacity.

> I see that issues are always assigned to the size of a sprint

In a Scrum sprint, issues are delivered at the end of the sprint, hence they are shown as size of the sprint by the scheduler. We do not have any plans to change this at the moment. You can manually adjust issue size in the roadmap if you wish.

More information about scheduler behaviour could be found at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/auto-scheduling-issues-967895245.html

----

Portfolio for Jira Server Team

Ron Grosberg August 20, 2019

Thanks! that's good to know. I have a lot of experience from my previous job in trying to manage a roadmap for a group (I had ~35 people) I really hope that with the new portfolio we will be able to use everything inside jira as using multiple tools is really a pain in the neck...

Is there a roadmap I can see of what's coming when?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events