Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Portfolio Planning Experience - Will skills be removed as well as stages?

Demelza Green February 1, 2019

In the release notes for the new Portfolio planning experience, it references that Stages will no longer be supported, however it is quite vague whether this also refers to Skills as well.

Reference:

Stages and skills are not supported in the new experience for the following reasons:

1. There's low usage of stages across Portfolio plans.
  2. Stages require regular, manual maintenance.
  3. There's no way to integrate stages with Jira.
  4. Usage of stages contradicts with the workflows in Jira.

Are both Skills AND Stages going to be removed? I am a heavy user of both of these, so it would be great to know the specifics on this.

2 answers

1 vote
Stefan Klaffke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2019

Dear Atlassian Team,

we're evaluating currently portfolio for jira. We need skills and stages in order to assess capacities for Demand (Story writing)  team - usually done in Sprint x-1 and development tasks in Sprint x. Not all developers are able to the same tasks yet, hence we need to split stories and sub-tasks by skills.

0 votes
samrobertsofficial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hi @Demelza Green,

Thanks for this question! Stages and skills will not be "removed" from Portfolio any time soon. We have no plans to do so. However, the new experience at this stage does not support them (for the reasons you quoted from our documentation). You will continue to be able to use Stages and Skills with the new experience disabled.

We understand the need for this feature, and I know it is frustrating that it is not available in the new experience today.

In terms of bringing stages and skills into the new experience, we'd love to learn more about your use case and what you're achieving with stages and skills. This will help us in future discussions (or possibly when building it).  

Thanks,

Sam

Deleted user June 3, 2020

did any one notice development of teams and skills in new UI? Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events