Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing 'target start date' from a Jira issue

Rominiek Schoonen March 4, 2020

Jira Cloud

Hi All, 

In Jira Portfolio there are two fields necessary to visualize the plan in the schedule: 'Target start date' and 'Target end date'. When these are filled you can see the progress bars as shown in the below picture.

CAPTURE1.PNG

As the team is managing a lot of these start and end dates from creating issues in their own Jira board I would like to know which fields are equivalent in Jira. 

Currently 'Target end date' can be manipulated by changing the 'Due date' of an issue.

I cannot seem to find the correct equivalent for 'Target start date'. Does anyone know?

capture2.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2020

Hello @Rominiek Schoonen ,

Currently the target Start and End dates can only be modified from the portfolio plan directly and do not have a field that can be used on the issue directly.

We have the following two related feature requests for adding and modifying the target dates that I recomend reviewing and adding a vote if these are features you want to see added in the future, the first one is for surfacing the target dates as fields to add to the issue directly which lines up with your request, and the second one is a bit different and instead tries to link the target dates to the already existing due date field of the issue as an alternate approach:

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events