You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Despite what is reported in the documentation is valid, Portfolio does not recover the assignee from Jira Issue
I made the following checks and the rules are respected, namely:
- There is not member set in Portfolio (set to calculated)
- The assignee is set on the issue in Jira Software.
- The assignee is part of a team in your Portfolio Plan.
- If you've made a manual team assignment, make sure the assignee is part of that team.
- Calculate your plan.
- The issue assignee import level must be set to a hierarchy level. (set to Story)
I also tried to set up a sprint where the resource on the tk jira is available in terms of capacity
Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a bug?
Thanks in advance
Thanks for bringing this up, the disconnect seems to be coming from an inconsistency in the docs for this feature, and the cloud documentation is missing this information, but its covered in the Server version of the doc and applies to both platforms, I'm working with the documentation team to get the info updated accordingly on both doc version:
It's going to come down to having a weighted item that the calculation can run against before the calculations will run for the assignee association to occur, Either Sprint or Estimate being set. For this operation the calculate option is looking to see if the issue can be scheduled as the first step looking at the estimates, and if it cannot be added to the schedule as there are no items to pick up the rest of the calculation is skipped. The Section noting the specifics is:
Before calculating your plan, note that for the assignee to display, the issue must have either anestimate, or asprint manually associatedto it.
Depending on how unestimated items are scheduled in your plan, these details are required for calculation to work and display the assignee:
- Based on default estimates: Values must already be set as default estimates for all hierarchy levels.
- Based on target dates: The issue must be estimated, or must have a sprint manually associated to it.
- Custom: The issue must be estimated, or must have a sprint manually associated to it.
- Off: The issue must be estimated.