Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Portfolio and View Settings reverting back to defaults periodically

tmecbox55 March 5, 2020

I am using JIRA Portfolio (Server 3.2.1). View settings such as grouping, field columns, sorting, etc.,  revert after several days to a week, back to the default settings which include Target Start and Target End.    What is causing the view settings to revert back to defaults periodically, and is there a way to prevent this from occurring?  We set the portfolio view with several custom fields and also view settings to sort by a certain field and color.  I'm aware we can share a read only view which has the saved settings in it, but still the view for the owner of the view, reverts back to defaults after 4 - 7 days.  Occurs with both Chrome and IE browsers.  Browser settings are configured so it  does not delete cookies. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2020

Hello @tmecbox55 ,

From the sound of things there is something happening to the caching in the background causing the reset to occur even though you have the browser set to retain it. 

There are a couple things to come to mind, the first being conflicting setting in an add-on in the browser or one of the settings which a full reset to the browser As Described Here for Chrome to complete clear everything out and reset the browser settings and start reconfiguring in stages to see where the hiccup occurs.

The Second would be the possibility of some device policy that clears the cookies after a duration, and this sounds plausible as its on multiple browser types and appearing to occur on the noted 4-7 day interval.  This one would be out of our control, and you would need to talk to the Domain admin to see if this is occuring on a global policy, or test on a system that was not controlled by a global setting as a base line comparison.

Regards,
Earl

tmecbox55 March 9, 2020

Thanks Earl.   Very helpful.   

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
sam mathew
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2020

Hi tmecbox55 - Did the fix work for you ? Was the issue resolved by cancelling the rest of browser settings by your admin policy ?

tmecbox55 October 22, 2020

It was due to the browser local storage getting cleared rather than saving local storage when a user shut down there virtual desktop.   We now save local storage for the browser as well and settings are preserved.  

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
1 vote
Kristina Wong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 23, 2022

This problem is really annoying

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events