Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA - Plan Shared View not the same as my view

Polet Violonchi October 2, 2020

Hello There, 

I created a plan and shared it with my colleagues. However when they view my plan, their view is not the same as me. They can't see the EPICs in the plan. I have attached the two views. Any thoughts as to what settings need to be changed for them to see my plan the way I see it? fullsizeoutput_34b0.jpegScreen Shot 2020-10-02 at 2.41.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 8.38.58 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2020

Hello @Polet Violonchi ,

The end-users permissions will still override the ability of the user to see the issues in the plan, if the security is set up so that a user cannot see the issue in Jira directly then the plan will exclude those issues from their visibility to adhere to the Jira visibility.  This can be either the "browse project", Project Level Permission, which would prevent the user from seeing all issues in a project or issue-level security for individual issues or groupings of issues.

From the Screenshots, since all the issues are in the same project (SD) It looks like the Epic issues more than likely have an issue-level security scheme enabled that the end-user cannot view.  If issue-level security is set to a level that the user cannot view the issues will be hidden in the read-only plan.

check this out and let me know if this is the case in your plan.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events