Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to see the total estimated hours per release and all the releases in a plan?

Lena Boiser March 24, 2022

I want to track the total hours per release and all the releases in a plan. Is there a view in Advanced Roadmaps for this? 

In Releases view, there is a Progress (issue count). Can that be changed to be estimated hours instead of issue count? 

3 answers

1 vote
Kathryn Vargas _Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2022

Hi @Lena Boiser

Like Hannes, I'm also not aware that this feature exists in Advanced Roadmaps. However, if someday you'd like to see how other plugins approach this, Structure is one that lets you easily see issues in a spreadsheet-like view, build any hierarchy you like (e.g. for release planning, like the one below), and add any Jira field as a column. 

structure-release-planning-hierarchy-example.png

Structure can sum up values in any column that contains numeric values, like Estimates. All you need to do is check the "Sum over sub-items" checkbox: 

summing-up-values.gif

Disclaimer: I'm part of the Structure team. In case you're unable to find a solution in AR, I hope this helps! 

Best, 
Kathryn 

1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2022

Hi @Lena Boiser 
Welcome to the community.

Try this:

• Ensure the plans scheduling section is configured for Days or Hours
  • Add the Estimates field (in will show in either days or hours)
  • Add the Progress (Days) or (Hours)
  • Filter to show only content for a given Release

See how that helps 👍
0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 26, 2022

Hi @Lena Boiser

I'm not personally aware of this feature in Advanced Roadmaps, unfortunately. Is it a hard requirement for you to see these numbers in AR or would you be open to other views as well?

Lena Boiser March 26, 2022

Hey Hannes thanks. If there is a way without having to install a plugin that will be great. 

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2022

Hi @Lena Boiser ,

I explicitly asked because I wanted to spare you any unwanted suggestions :) - but since others are posting their apps, I may as well mention that JXL for Jira would solve your problem very nicely.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that - among many other things - allows you viewing your issue hierarchies, and calculating sum-ups, with one click each. Here's how it looks in action: 

release-planning-v2.gif

There's a lot more to say about JXL, but given that you're not actually looking for an app, I'll leave it at that :) More info at https://jxl.app. Disclaimer: I work on JXL.

Hope this is useful,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events