Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a Jira Administrator for my project - I don't see Add Custom Field. Any thoughts?

Kenneth Hazelbaker October 19, 2018

We are trying to add a couple of fields to our configuration so that we can enter the Requirement ID along with the Test Case ID to link requirements and testing. I am following the Atlassian documentation but I don't see Add Custom Field.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

Hello,

Are you on Jira Server or Jira Cloud?

I am going to assume it's a Jira Server. We access Jira through our corporate application menu which hosts a multitude of applications - one of which is Jira.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

Can you open cog wheel -> Issues?

Yes - I can see the setting wheel but when I click on Issues > Fields - I don't see the option to add custom fields.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2018

Could attach a screenshot?

Kenneth Hazelbaker October 30, 2018

Sorry - I have moved off of this project but we are using Jira for our next journey. I'll check to see which version they're using and hopefully we won't experience the same problems. Thanks for you help though - appreciate the involvement for sure!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events