Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see issues from different projects in one roadmap?

MB November 30, 2020

Hi. Our team is running multiple projects in Jira, some scrum, some kanban. We are looking for a way to use one roadmap to display epics, used across multiple projects and the epic progress as well as the issues in that epic from multiple projects and the progress of each? 

Roadmap

Epic 1 - progress %

Issue 1 (project A) - progress %

Issue 2 (project B) - progress %

Issue 3 (project B) - progress %

Is this possible? Suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
chris.reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2020

That's the number one way we use it.  We have the entire hierarchy from multiple projects. You simply add the different projects as sources in your roadmap from the configuration setting or from the beginning they'll ask you if it's a totally new project.

Some recommendations ( most of which I shamelessly stole from Atlassian)

1) Use boards rather than whole projects.  That allows you to use sprints that are made on those boards as well as it allows you to filter for the project.  This is important if you have a lot of projects with a lot of issues.

2) If you don't have everything connected in the project (stories to epics to features or whatever you're hierarchy is) don't worry.  It's much simpler to parent in Roadmaps than it is in bulk edit. and you get a nice little progress hit seeing the unparented issues dwindle.

3) I always use a test plan first so that I can get used to how advanced plans works, especially autoscheduling.  I "clone" a project to do that.

Good luck. 

BeeFC April 22, 2021

@chris.reyes , would you mined provide a practical example for your recommendation #1?

chris.reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

I can try. I have an app team running kanban and a backend team running scrum. They are in different projects.  I create a scrum board in the backend team project and then create a sprint from that board (Wednesday to Tuesday) filled with all the related stories from that project that are tied to Epic 1 (which may be in Project App). I also create a board in the APp team project (kanban board).  I then add 2 sources to my roadmap- App Board and Backend Board.  I will then have all the stories and epics associated and I will also ingest any of the sprints I have created in the backend board.  From there, I can do linking of stories to the epics and then see the progress associated with them through the roll up feature. Does that help?

aleksandra.bukowska May 11, 2021

hi. I would like to go deeper. How you can add more than one source to your roadamp? I created one filters for epics from two project and I would like to present them on one roadmap. Is possible?

Candice Korecki August 9, 2021

I'd like to know how to do this too!

When I try to view my roadmap, I get the message: Roadmaps are designed for a single project.

With my filters, I can see epics from various projects on the kanban board... but there must be a way to view these epics on the roadmap for overall production.

Like Tim Wickstrom likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events