Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see completed epics in the plan?

Naama Arbili-Gefen September 25, 2020

Hi,

Although I have configured my plan to "Issues completed in Jira more than 180 days ago won't appear in your plan." (under Source data>Issues sources>Completed issues), I don'e see completed epics (with status "Done". I do see features and stories with status "Done". Any idea what should I do?

Thanks,

Naama

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2020

@Naama Arbili-Gefen - As stated by "chris_reyes", you need to ensure that Jira issue's resolution field is not NULL (Jira default for resolution field will displayed as "Unresolved" which means it is NULL) even the issue's WF status is set to DONE.

Best, Joseph

Naama Arbili-Gefen September 29, 2020

Thanks!

0 votes
Answer accepted
chris.reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2020

Ensure that the "Resolution" field is also in the "done" state.  Status and Resolution need to be in "Done" in order for it to appear in JIRA. 

Thanks! is there a way to assign the Resolution field value to through Status?

chris.reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2020

Yes.  I found this out through this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-issues-need-a-resolution-826873869.html

This will help for all issues that are done in the future.

For those issues that are marked complete in the past, I made a transition for closed to closed that simply posted the resolution as done.  That way I can search for all my closed issues and then do a bulk edit that transitions them to "closed" using that transition and marking the resolution as "Done". 

From there, all your issues should show up on Advanced Roadmaps based on how long you keep closed items on your roadmap.  I forget the default.  I  think I set mine at 28 days.

Thanks, it all works now :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events