Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move multiple epic 1 week forward

David Boudreault March 18, 2021

Hello Community,

I have a Roadmap with multiple cascading epics (with different start date) and I would like to know how I can move them all together one week forward. I am manually moving them 1 by 1 and has the project grows, it is a painful task.

ex: Bulk edit date = start date +1 week

Or is there a way I can move 1 task and all the other epics in the cascade will move accordingly so they don't overlap?

Thank you so much for your help

11 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2021

Hi @David Boudreault,

At the moment this isn't something that is possible but was actually something that one of our engineers investigated during some recent "20%" innovation time. The proposal was to provide an additional option on the bulk change date action that allows you to move start and/or end dates forwards or backwards by a number of days - this sounds exactly like what you're after?

I'm going to investigate how far along this work got because it's not just a question of shipping innovation work, we would need to approve design and wording, ensure that automated testing was added, ensure the changes were feature flagged, etc. etc. to basically ensure that it was product ready so there is likely to be work remaining.

I did want to check if you were aware that when you drag an issue on the timeline, it's descendant issues will move with it though, as shown here:

Bulk drag.gif

Regards,

Dave

David Boudreault March 18, 2021

Hi Dave,

what your engineer is working on during is ''innovation time'' is exactly what I am looking for.

It is great that the descendants move with the task but I looking to bulk edit multiples tasks. However, linked my tasks using dependancies and they don't move together. How does descendants works?

Do you have an ETA when I can expect the bulk edit using added/retrieved numbers of days?

Thank you for your quick answer!

David

Like # people like this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2021

HI @David Boudreault,

Thanks for confirming that this would meet your needs - at the moment I'm not able to provide an ETA on when you could expect this. This feature isn't actually something is on our product roadmap at the moment but if the functionality is implemented and meets engineering and design quality approval then it might be something that we can try and accommodate into the roadmap. At the moment we have a limited number of engineers and a large backlog of work so I can't make any guarantees if or when we would be able to ship this change,

Regards,

Dave

Émile Perron June 15, 2021

Hi @Dave

This would be a very useful feature for me, and I know it would be an immensely useful feature for my colleagues at work as well.

Could we get an update on where this stands? Mainly:

• Has it been added to the product roadmap?
  • Is there any ETA for this feature's release?

Cheers, 

- Émile

Like # people like this
Tony Schönherr October 11, 2021

Hey @Dave ,

I'd like to second that this would be a great feature to have. Hope this helps to show customer demand to get it up in the priority ladder. :D

Best, Tony

Like Yann Moreaux likes this
4 votes
William Krueger September 11, 2021

+1 for this functionality

I'm trying to encourage my organization to leverage Advanced Roadmaps instead of Asana for roadmap planning and this is something that "just works" in Asana. All you have to do is click and drag a box around the timeline bubbles you want to select and then you can move them all together (as in the example with the descendant issues above). 

This really is a glaring omission that immediately jumps out at anyone managing a complex roadmap with dozens of top-level tasks.

Any update on whether this has been added to the roadmap?

1 vote
Stephen Elkington April 3, 2023

Yep, would be very useful, **VOTE**

1 vote
jonas.hohmann July 27, 2022

I cannot believe this feature is still missing from advanced roadmaps. I need this so bad. I'm thinking of building a chrome extension that just does this for me.

1 vote
Christoph E. May 2, 2022

I created an feature request for this: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-23034 

Please feel free to vote for it. Lets hope the "innovation time" in the dev team was well spent and they push it into production. 😉

1 vote
Jake Guy December 20, 2021

+1

Given that epic start/end dates are predicate on the work before a given epic, functionality for editing all epics in one go would be great!

0 votes
Katie.Schrack June 16, 2023

Why is this not a feature yet? It is a real pain for managing complex projects with lots of interdependent tasks. 

0 votes
Michael Emmert January 10, 2023

Has this feature been implemented?

Christoph E. January 10, 2023

I don't think so. Maybe write a comment on the linked Jira Ticket and give it a upvote

0 votes
Patrick Reuter November 8, 2022

@Dave Is there any update on this? I'm using advanced roadmaps and trying to find this feature 18 month after it was apparently already programmed by one of your devs :-) 

0 votes
Tim Riches December 14, 2021

Yep, this features would be super useful 

0 votes
artnikpro May 3, 2021

Waiting for such a feature as well! It is super important feature. Moving the entire roadmap a few days ahead can be a chalange when there is a whole year planned

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events