Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the sprint start on mondays?

Konstantin Schütte May 9, 2022

image.png

I'm new to Jira and Advanced Roadmaps.

By default the start of a sprint is thursdays. Is there any way to set that to mondays? My working days are default from monday to friday.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2022

Hi Konstantin, 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!  

Advanced Roadmaps will leverage the Start Date configured within the Project of the first /active sprint.  Then it will automatically configure future Projected sprints based on that.  

So for example, if you configured a sprint's Start Date to begin on May 16th 2022 (which is a Monday) and the sprint was set to last for 2 weeks, the next Projected sprint would start on May 30th, 2022.  

If you do not specify a start date explicitly on the sprint within your project, Advanced Roadmaps will default the start date to the next day and then align all future Projected sprints based on that.  

Based on the screenshot you sent, it doesn't look like you have any sprints configured within the Project showing on this Roadmap right now.  But if you were to configure a sprint within the Project and set an explicit start date to a Monday and add it to the Roadmap, then future Projected sprints after that one should leverage that sprints end date to align their start dates accordingly.

It is strongly recommended to try any changes like this in a non production (or non-critical) Roadmap first to ensure that the changes made will not have any adverse impact on your current planning.  Then once you have confirmed the changes have the desired impact migrate into production Roadmaps.  

Please let me know if you have any additional questions related to this and I would be happy to discuss further.  

Best, 

Andy 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events