cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link Next-Gen Epic to Portfolio?

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2019

I've read a workaround to link in Portfolio and Next-Gen Epic issues, but this is simply not working well. The quote is "Go to Portfolio's hierarchy configuration and map the Epic issue types coming from next-gen projects to the Epic level so Portfolio will properly recognise them."

When I attempt to edit the hierarchy and add the Epic level from the Next-Gen project, it then becomes "above" the Standard Epic and messes up my plans. 

Can someone please explain how to link in the Next-Gen Epics properly? 

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2019

Hi Janene,

Currently Portfolio does not play well with next-gen project types as portfolio does not support the next-gen projects at this time due to variation in field types that separate the next-gen projects from classic projects.

While the project type does not interface well with Next-gen, you can still link the projects in a hack-around manner, but it is not recommended to do so and the following KB article goes into more detail on what functionality is missing when you do use a next-gen project on a Portfolio Plan:

And the Feature request tracking portfolio support of the next-gen project type can be followed here:

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events