Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Jira Advanced Roadmaps "quarters" to have Q1 start in July?

Shane Burger June 9, 2020

Our fiscal year starts in July. I need to have Advanced Roadmaps in Jira Premium list Q1 as July-Sept instead of the default Jan-March.

6 answers

1 accepted

14 votes
Answer accepted
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

Hi @Shane Burger 

At present, this isn't possible. Quarters are set to match the calendar year.

It looks like these suggested features - JPOSERVER-2711 and JSWCLOUD-20576 - cover the need to flex the months related to each quarter. You could vote for these issues and follow them to see if they get implemented.

Ste

Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2024

Posting an update (as someone else posted).

It is now possible to set the Quarters of your Financial Year in Plans - check out this help page: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/change-financial-year-dates-in-your-plans/

Ste

Like # people like this
Monica Morris January 30, 2024

Thank you for sharing this update @Ste Wright , much appreciated. The instructions you linked to work perfectly for me.

Like Ste Wright likes this
7 votes
Henson Tan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 27, 2020

I'm interested in this as well.

5 votes
Lisa Richardson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 31, 2021

I would like to see this feature implemented so that user can chose any month as Q1 Start Month.   

3 votes
Jimmy Rogers July 28, 2021

The federal government in the US uses Oct 1 as the start of Q1, so it's a pretty core requirement for us for this to read correctly. I think we make up enough of a user base to be worth addressing this soon. I voted on the issues.

1 vote
Ilva Levenda Africa April 13, 2023

Our Q1 Starts in April so need this setting to be flexible.

0 votes
Mario Esposito
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 11, 2024

Our Q1 Quarter starts in February, Q2 in May, we jump August, Q3 starts in October and we have no official Q4

Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2024

Hi @Mario Esposito 

This is possible now - check out this help page for more information: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/change-financial-year-dates-in-your-plans/

Ste

Like Mario Esposito likes this
Mario Esposito
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 26, 2024

Great, Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events