Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Advanced Roadmap Automatically calculate End Date based on Estimation and Start Date?

Karmandroid Singularity May 6, 2024

Hi, 

I am using Advanced Roadmaps.

JIRA.PNG

What I want is for it to:

1. Automatically calculated Target End (column C) based on Estimates (column A) and Target Start (column B). How to do it?
  2. In the next level I would like to automatically update Target Start based on the Target End of the person. For example: Person X assigned to Task A(5d) and Task B(2d). She works on Task A from 1-Jan to 5-Jan. Then will continue to Task B on 6-Jan to 7-Jan. What I want is when i update the estimate of Task A to 6d, it will automatically calculate the next records: Target End on Task A, Target Start and Target End on Task B  

Is there any sets of specific fields that i can use for such purpose? 

Reason: It's quite annoying to manually update Target End date whenever we changes Estimates

Thank you in Advance-Roadmaps

1 answer

0 votes
Sudarsana G May 6, 2024

Automatically calculated Target End:
In Advanced Roadmaps, you can use the "Start" and "End" dates of an issue to represent the Target Start and Target End dates respectively.
You can create a calculated field (custom field) to automatically calculate the Target End date based on the Estimates and Target Start date. This can be achieved using Jira Cloud's automation rules or by using third-party apps like Automation for Jira.

Automatically updating subsequent tasks:
In Advanced Roadmaps, you can create dependencies between issues to represent the sequence of tasks.
When the Estimates or Target End date of a task changes, you can configure Advanced Roadmaps to automatically update the Target Start and Target End dates of subsequent tasks based on the dependencies.
You can do this by configuring the scheduling behavior of the plan in Advanced Roadmaps. For example, you can set dependencies between tasks and configure them to be automatically scheduled based on changes to predecessor tasks.

Using specific fields for automation:
While Advanced Roadmaps doesn't have specific built-in fields for this purpose, you can use custom fields to store relevant information such as Estimates, Target Start, and Target End dates.
You can then use automation rules or scheduling behaviors in Advanced Roadmaps to automate calculations and updates based on changes to these fields.

Karmandroid Singularity May 13, 2024

@Sudarsana G yeah, that makes sense :)

But, how do i add Calculated Field from Custom Field? I couldn't find it. 

JIra Question.PNG

Sudarsana G May 15, 2024

You can use custom fields to store relevant information such as Estimates, Target Start, and Target End dates.
You can then use automation rules or scheduling behaviors in Advanced Roadmaps to automate calculations and updates based on changes to these fields. If you have a script runner plugin you can use it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events