Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate a release notes from a cross project release in the advanced roadmap ?

Ming Yang Lin January 22, 2024

Hi all 

I've got a cross project releases created in advanced roadmap. 
This release has 6 project releases, the ask here is how might we bring all releases together and generate a release notes page in confluence?  ( minimum manual effort ) 

I can see individual project release can create a corresponding confluence page which it's content is dynamic to associated JIRA in the release.   But there doesn't seem to have the same feature for cross project releases in the advanced roadmap. 

any other macro or apps that can solve this need for LT level release summary  ? 

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2024

Hi @Ming Yang Lin,

Cross project releases are restricted to advanced roadmaps plans and act as an umbrella feature for cross-project planning (and tracking progress against linked releases at a fairly high level). They are not built with the actual release process in Jira in mind and don't support actions like "releasing the release", generating release notes, ...

Taking a step back, you seem to be considering the different releases in those different projects as one release - why else aiming for a single set of consolidated release notes? Then I would ask myself the question why the issues are split across multiple Jira projects with separate releases in the first place ...

You probably have good reasons for that; so - as an alternative: you want to have release notes in Confluence. Release notes are usually some text you write yourself and then a Jira macro that pulls in the issues into your Confluence page. Since that Jira macro uses a filter to pull in the issues from Jira, you can perfectly adapt your filter to display issues from different projects and releases. Just use fixversion in (A, B, C, ...).

Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events