Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure an automation rule to set the Teams value based on assignee?

Jennifer Maurer June 27, 2024

I have found similar questions, but the issue may be that I am using Jira Data Center v9.4.15, not Cloud.

I have configured four shared teams in Advanced Roadmaps. I have added the Teams field to my screens. I can manually set the Team value in either Plans or issue screen. My goal is have an automated way to make sure the Team value is always set going forward.

I created a rule triggered when an issue is assigned to a user. If assignee is (a, b, c) then edit Team field to (Team ABC). The issue is that the Team field is not available to be selected in the Edit Issues fields pick list. It is cf(10502) according to the custom fields list. 

Please help!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2024

Hi @Jennifer Maurer 

First thing, I am using Jira Cloud, and so my suggestions are based on what I know about automation, in general.  With that out of the way...

I believe you may set that field using advanced edit with JSON, in the "More options" section of the Edit Issue action.  To learn more about such edits, please look here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/advanced-field-editing-using-json-993924663.html

For teams, please try this:

{
"fields": {
"Teams": "the id value for the team"
}
}

You will need to find the team id values using example issues, such as with this how-to article, and then searching for the field's value: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field-993924665.html

Kind regards,
Bill

Jennifer Maurer June 28, 2024

Thank you very much for the info; this worked! 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events