Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a Jira Service Desk Ticket# (url Link) column to the Jira Plans roadmap?

James Maloy August 5, 2020

I created a Plan and added the appropriate projects and filters for source data. I have several columns next to the Epic/Story in each project such as Start Date, Estimation,  Priority, Business Value, etc. I want to make sure that I link the Jira Issues in the Plan to the client JSD item who requested the change or who identified the defect. This will help in client communication of changes and justification for loading updated software to their system. 

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2020

Hello @James Maloy ,

The Advanced Roadmap plan is not designed with the intended purpose of displaying general issue details, instead it is designed to look only at details that directly apply to the planning algorithm of issue sand releases tied to the direct plan and how the issue can be affected in the schedule of the plan, and will only look at issue links that affect the scheduling of other issues in the issue sources of the plan and have also been configured as dependencies and you can refer to this KB for details on showing the dependency column, the dependencies are the issue links in the plan, but with a caveat:

The Default Dependency is the "Blocks" and "is blocked by" inward and outward issue link pair, which indicates an issue cannot be worked on until the first one is completed, and would therefore affect the ability to schedule the blocked issue.  You can add ion additional issue link types to the dependencies but they will be links that affect hoe the issue is scheduled.

If you want additional details about issues including the links to related issues it is better to use the Issue navigator using Advanced search options and saved filters to pull data on any specific details about issues as the Plan is not intended to look at issue details that do not affect the scheduling of the issues:

These details can also be expanded into customized reporting if you combine the saved filters or advanced search options in a dashboard or using external tools such as the free official Atlassian Jira connector add-ons for Excel or Google sheets to pipe the desired data into a spreadsheet and use all of the external tools report building capabilities, or any other number of third party free and paid apps avaliable on the marketplace to expand on the desired behavior.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events