Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I update my issue due date to match the target end?

Taylor Douthitt July 24, 2024

Hi - It's very easy to move and manipulate the target end date in the Jira Plan. Sometimes due dates move, and therefore my target end date would move (I basically assign the same value for the two fields). I've been trying to make an automation rule to update the due date to equal the target end date when the target end date is updated. Not having any luck, is this a possibility?

I would also like the opposite to be true as well, if I update the Due Date, the target end date should update to the new Due Date value. I'd like to make this possible through the same rule.

1 answer

1 vote
Jenn Sherman July 24, 2024

Can you show your automation here?  I've been able to do this type of automation.

Taylor Douthitt July 24, 2024

Having issues with uploading a picture, here's the explanation of my automation (please note I've only tried for when the target end date is changed, and not vice versa so far).

Trigger:

- Field Value Changed

- Fields to monitor for changes = Target end (Field)

- For: All issue operations

IF Advanced compare condition:

- First Value = {{issue.dueDate}}

- Condition = does not equal

- Second value = {{triggerIssue.Target End}}

Edit issue fields (Action):

- Due Date: Copy End Date/Time from Trigger issue

Where I underlined is where I think it might not be correct? The automation runs and it says "Issues edited successfully", but nothing happens. I also tried "End Time" and that didn't work either.

Like Cristian0791 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events