Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I share an Advanced Roadmaps plan that is not just read-only?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2022

I need to create a share link with people that also need to actively participate.

Having a read-only option for people who can't help but push the shiny red button that ends civilization is nice and all, but hows about a share option for the adults in the room?  :)

(forgive me, its been a long week)

Capture 2022-07-15 at 16.15.29.png

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2022

Just share the URL with them (which is different to the "Share as" URL). Then they are taken to the plan and their permissions apply.
Otherwise, using the Confluence option does give people with edit access the ability to "open in Advanced roadmaps" and edit.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2022

Ah, thanks.  I was hoping for an option other than copy & paste the URL, like Jira issues and Confluence pages have.

If I copy & paste my URL it takes them to a very specific view - I was hoping to have a share option with the most minimal URL possible, and one that does not include the view that I am using at that moment.

For example, 

https://jira.example.com/secure/PortfolioPlanView.jspa?id=123&sid=37&vid=45#plan/backlog

I'm assuming a significant portion of that URL is not needed to share.

I believe I can cut it off after the id portion, but - and I realize it seems lazy - it requires manually editing the URL every time.  

Sending a URL with all that extra info just irks me, that's all.  This will work.

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2022

Hi @Rob Horan , if you would like to share your Advanced Roadmaps plan with other people, then they need access to Jira (have a Jira Software license) and they need the user permission in Advanced Roadmaps in order to view and edit the plan.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs ,

It's for people who have access.  That's the idea.  Jira issues and Confluence pages have share options for people to go in and actively work on those items.  Plans only offer a read-only share as far as I can see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events