Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters on a Board

Mark Gregan December 4, 2023

Hi There,

I want to write a filter that means Jira tickets only turn up on one board (a) and not the other (b) even though both boards are in the same space. The two sets of tickets are discrete ...

I think I want a way to include some tickets on one Board (which I have done), but exclude them from another Board (which I can't figure out).

Thanks,

Mark

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Gregan December 4, 2023

for jira.pngHey Joseph - what I'm looking to do is write ticks into my "Programme Integration" project and have a filter that ensure one set of tickets goes into the 'Hot Spots' board' and some go into the board for my personal tasks ...

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2023

@Mark Gregan -

Hi Mark:

Welcome to the community.  Can you advise what do you mean by "both boards are in the same space"?  

If your meaning of a space is a project, then as long you tickets are properly tagged with some unique metadata attributes, then your filter query can just be something like -

"project = xxxxx and <name of your metadata field> = yyyy" to pull just issues associated with yyyy from project xxxxx into your AR for Jira plan as the issues source.  

On your second ask of boards - what do you mean by "include some tickets on one Board (which I have done), but exclude them from another Board"?  Is this also another issues source for your AR for Jira plan?

Please provide clarification on your asks, so we can assist you better.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2023

@Mark Gregan -

Thanks for your update.  So for your "Mark - Personal" board, there are issues that you want to go into this board and not go into "Hotspot" board right?

I assumed your personal task board's issues are one that is assigned to you.  If so, then your filter query should be something like -

"project = 'Programme Integration' and assignee = <your ID> ...."

For the Hotspot board, the filter can just be 

"project = 'Programme Integration' and assignee != <your ID> ...."

The key depends on how issues are identified in your project which are your "Mark - Personal" issues.

Best, Joseph

Mark Gregan December 6, 2023

Hi Joseph,

Re different Boards "I assumed your personal task board's issues are one that is assigned to you." ... I am working across three streams of work and also have some personal actions (independent) .. Would it make sense to use labels and to have each ticket assigned a label and then use a filter to allocate the right tickets to the right board?

Thanks,

Mark

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2023

@Mark Gregan -

Yes, that can be another option.  The key is how you tagged issues for your "Personal tasks".  It is up to you to defined and decide as long as you can identify them via JQL search criteria.

The only drawback of using labels, it is that there is no nomenclature format control of label values - example:  ABC can be enter as abc or Abc or abC etc...  Lastly, labels field value cannot have spaces or special characters.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events